Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,820   Online: 1011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Tokyo

Shooter
    35mm RF

From Tokyo

Should have introduced myself first before posting my first comment I suppose. Been shooting with a Bessa R3A, Nokton 40mm SC and XP2 for the last couple of years here in Tokyo. Trying hard to capture something a little different than the usual gaijin in Tokyo fodder (though I do a lot of that too). You can see my results on my homepage and I welcome any comments, feedback, suggestions etc.

Before shooting film I spent a couple of years with a Pentax digital SLR. Not sure what made me revert back to film but the lines of the R3A were certainly a component.

Take care
    Guy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome Aboard from Niigata!

There are a few of us from/in Japan on here. Occasionally we have had a few get togethers in Tokyo over the last year. I personally get to Tokyo about two or three times a month for work/personal stuff.

Personally, I shoot mostly 8x10 and 4x5, though I also dabble in MF. Feel free to drop me a line anytime.

Best Regards!

Gary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from England Guy, and thanks for your input in the other thread,

Andy.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice to have you here!

I think there are about a dozen APUGers living in Japan, but certainly not many of them really come to the site on a daily basis.

I live near Suzuka and hang out mostly in Nagoya and Kyoto with/without my 35mm camera, and I don't really get to go to Tokyo or towards that direction, but hey, if you have a chace to get out of your area and come this way, let me know.

firecracker

P.S. Keep your stuff dry especially in the upcoming rainy season because you will start to see some "effects" if you don't.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hello Guy and welcome,
    The blue sign project is wonderful thanks for the link..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Guy, welcome from Hawaii. I'm sure you will enjoy visiting here, it is a great community.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for all the welcomes. To be honest I had forgotten about this community until this morning and a comment on T.O.P. blog, remembered I had joined at some stage and I'm back. I'll try and drop in daily and I am at anyones disposal if you need some information from Tokyo/Japan. Just drop me a message and I'll see what I can do. Looking forward to joining in the community and hopefully getting to meet some of the Japan based members in person at some stage.

Take care
    Guy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from sunny Tucson. Glad to see you've made a wise choice with film! tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome. You have some very good pics on your homepage!

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome, today from sunny New York City. But will soon get out to even sunnier Tucson for a few days!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin