Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,728   Posts: 1,515,219   Online: 946

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just picked up a Walzflex this evening, making three TLRs (Primoflex & Diacord, too.)

It has been a journey to digital and back, but I'm home now

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Another TLR fan welcomes you

Yes, its film, film film, here. I shoot a Mamiya C330, but when I want something lighter than The Brick to carry for a bit of a walk about, I take a Yashica A. Yes, the optics are not the greatest if openned up, and the limited options of shutter speeds are a challenge as well. But a well composed and exposed film, that yields a good print when you have to think, and sometimes plan as well gives so much more satisfaction than click click click ala digigizmo print outs.

Currently I am using up a dozen rolls of (from long term frozen storage) Ferrania Panchro B&W 120 made in the 60's, and it makes you think as well. I shoot it at asa 12, and develop it d-76 1:1 for about 18 minutes - and if you want a sharp scene , stop down to f16 or f22. So even on the exposure side in the shadows on a sunny day there can be a few seconds spent with the shutter open. Digigizzmo that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from NYC.

Many here have used digital and come back feeling a need to reconnect with "real photography". You'll find folks here using all vintages of all kinds of gear using all kinds of film formats. This site is a wealthy storehouse of traditional photography information - enjoy it.

Oh, and there are some great pics in The Gallery too!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Give me your Natura 1600, or I shall take it from you.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to mars! I think TLRS rock too
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from St. Louis, Missouri.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin