Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,306   Online: 810

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Film enthusiast from Croatia

Hello everybody!
    My name is Anton, 25 years old from Croatia, small city of Vinkovci, located in eastern Croatia.Well, just to mention, I "discovered" analog photography 1 1/2 ago, and since then I wanted to buy myself modern analog SLR ( I had Praktica LTL ).So, recently I bought Nikon F80.Now I'm planing to go to medium format, and buy Yashica Mat 124 G.I want to buy some equipment, as long is still cheap if you're maybe asking why beginner is buying cameras
    I'm a beginner in this area, but I'll try to do my best.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG! Always good to have another local informant around to tell us what's going on at Efke.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

welcome aboard

There are heaps of us here from all over the world, who at some time in their life have done what you are doing.

Just take care to remember that the camera is a tool. Yoo make the images.

Try not to get caught up in what we call here 'gear acquisition syndrome'.

Try this question out: Buy the new x that you covet, use it for a few weeks, then look at the pictures - and ask yourself: would I have been able to create this image before I owned x?

I myself am on a bit of an anti automatic camera kick at the moment, and am having fun with a yashica A TLR circa 1959 auto nothing, and am feeding it a stash of film from the 60's. I love the images I am getting. The work at taking them though, is also another thing to watch out for. The viewer could care less how much work you put into the picture; they want to just evaluate the end result.

I still love 'wasting time' creating the images though, and hope you do too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Welcome to APUG! Always good to have another local informant around to tell us what's going on at Efke.
    Thanks!
    Couple of days ago I called Efke, to buy films, but luckily, I found Efke store in near city of Osijek, so I bought two KB50

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Just take care to remember that the camera is a tool. Yoo make the images.

Try not to get caught up in what we call here 'gear acquisition syndrome'.
    You're right about that.

I still love 'wasting time' creating the images though, and hope you do too.
    I know what you mean.
    One of reasons I bought new camera is because I'm railway enthusiast also, so sometimes I really need AF, motor rewind and gadgets like that for pictures of trains.Also, I wanted new camera, as they say, new is new, but I will not stop taking pictures with this old Praktica, don't worry.
    And yes, I tried P ( automatic mode ), just to see how it works, but now I'm on M ( manual ) mod, and will stay on it.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome here, Anton!

I started with a Praktica LTL too, but that was back when they were new...
    It's a good camera, and at the time the price was irresistible to a young enthusiast who would rather spend money on film than on cameras.

I have no experience with Nikons, nor with Yashicamat 124G. Only with about 100 different odd cameras - I have terminal GAS.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Anton. I'm visiting your country in July and looking forward to it.

Where is Efke based?
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    Welcome here, Anton!

I started with a Praktica LTL too, but that was back when they were new...
    It's a good camera, and at the time the price was irresistible to a young enthusiast who would rather spend money on film than on cameras.

I have no experience with Nikons, nor with Yashicamat 124G. Only with about 100 different odd cameras - I have terminal GAS.

Praktica is very good camera for me.And Nikon and Yashica world I'm entering now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Welcome, Anton. I'm visiting your country in July and looking forward to it.
    Very good.Croatia is a beautiful country, or how our motto is "Small country for a great holiday."

Where is Efke based?
    Efke is based in city of Samobor, about 30 km from capital Zagreb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm....I'll be based in Dubrovnik. I wonder if there's a way I can take advantage of the proximity...you know...save a bunch of money by shipping some Efke home to myself...
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin