Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,539   Posts: 1,572,765   Online: 868

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    Welcome from Sydney Wayne. Also a reminder that "climate change" does not always mean it will be dry. .
    You're not wrong Tony... i spent part of my youth on the Hawkesbury and, then, you seemed to get bushfires alternating with floods just about every other year. thanks for the welcome

wayne

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by unohuu View Post
    welcome aboard, Wayne. Film is king/queen here....

Luke -from MN
    Plenty of koni nutters on this list too, Luke <hehehe> recognise another couple of signatures here, as well <G>

catchya

wayne
    Last edited by wayne naughton; 06-17-2007 at 01:13 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: legibility

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    Welcome from Sydney Wayne. The last two weekends of rain here have been great for my adventures in Pt/Pd contact printing as the humidity in my garage has been around 85%. Also a reminder that "climate change" does not always mean it will be dry. Extremes of weather at unusual times of the year can be expected. This weather reminds me of a couple of Aprils we had in the late '80s.
    I read that Sydney was having the wettest June since 1975.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    It's been bucketing down for the last three days, and it rained heavily last weekend and the days before. We need the rain desperately, so it's not all bad but I can't take another wet weekend indoors. There's only so many photographs of our indoor plants that I can make.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanasis View Post
    It's been bucketing down for the last three days, and it rained heavily last weekend and the days before. We need the rain desperately, so it's not all bad but I can't take another wet weekend indoors. There's only so many photographs of our indoor plants that I can make.
    I can certainly understand how you feel. Last year, we had 42 days of non-stop rain here (I had 400% of annual rainfall in March in the town I live in), and I was miserable.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Robert - one report I saw was wettest June since 1964. I remember that year quite well. I was 6 years old and living in the Hunter Valley. While we were sitting in class a bolt of lightning split the school flagpole and then travelled across the ground breaking a glass window. The noise and terror we all felt is impossible to describe. My father later took my brother and I down to the nearby Wollombi Brook to watch the flood waters at their peak. An awesome sight which is etched into my memory to this day.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    awesome...ah well, as long as we do our bit on a personal level to help ease this mess, that's about all that can be asked of us, i reckon. Funny, i've been waiting for months for a southerly blow to get down the coast and shoot some 'weather' and you guys up north have been copping cyclones and 50 yr storms left right and centre...it's not fair.... <G>

w

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin