Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,978   Online: 807

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

wayne from melbourne

Evening all. Another Aussie on the list..... cameras - all Minolta, manual, auto, 6x6 (and digital too for that matter <G>) plus a Fuji GA645 and a Mamiya M645 1000S. Always on the lookout for some nice, clean Rokkor glass to add to my (very) modest collection. not much more to add, i'm afraid

best wishes

wayne

....and the very best of luck to all those flood affected novocastrians too, my thoughts are with you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from New England! You'll clearly enjoy yourself here.

drew

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Wayne, welcome to a fellow M645 1000s owner AND Melburnian!

Agreed with the sentiments - if it's not droughts it's flooding rains...

Cheerio, Marc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wayne,

Welcome to APUG from NYC. Have heard about the flooding rains following the drought down there. What's next - pestilence?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    Welcome from New England! You'll clearly enjoy yourself here.

drew
    i think i will drew

thanks

w

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    Hi Wayne, welcome to a fellow M645 1000s owner AND Melburnian!

Agreed with the sentiments - if it's not droughts it's flooding rains...

Cheerio, Marc
    good onya Marc on both counts <grin>

w

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Wayne,

Welcome to APUG from NYC. Have heard about the flooding rains following the drought down there. What's next - pestilence?
    i think we might pass on the pestilence, thankyou... <G> aaah, you get used to it, it's not a bad place to live in, tho this drought has been a real shocker and it aint finished yet for many, many people. thanks for the welcome, George. much appreciated

w

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Wayne,

Welcome from Hawaii. I think you will enjoy this site, it is a great place to be.

I hope you are getting some rain down there - the flood part doesn't sound good though. I'll be in Victoria in about 3 months, and would love to see it green once again.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    thanks Robert,

no floods in Vic, but some very nice early snow.... with a bit of luck it should rain solid for the next 3 months.... and then stop <Grin>

wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Now thats not melba

From my travels through your town it can be four seasons in the same day at times.

Good to see another Minolta lurker. I don't believe that the finest gear requires the newest camera, nor a company with the biggest ad budget when the unit was originally made.

I am with Minolta because back when I was 17 my science teacher arranged a good package deal that about 5 of us bought in on for an x700 rig. That one lasted me til it got a soaker last year. There have also been a few SRT's and others along the years. Right now I am sold down to a SRT101 that I run B&W through, and a x570 that replaced the dead 700 and could still talk to the motor drive and dedicated flash units. Then there is my medium format Mamiya gear, and the wee rangefinder XA, and the junk and not so junk cameras that are fun too.

Is it just me, or do others find that once someone knows that you still shoot film, they give you their old camera?

I too have followed the drought situation. I lived in brizzie for almost 4 years. I hate to think of the dust that is blowing in parts of the country at present. I wish the continent all the best to fill up the Darling Murray basin and all the other parched watersheds.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin