Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,686   Online: 1195

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Rich from Bellingham, WA USA

Been here a coupla months without saying hello. I didn't mean to be rude! This is really a fantastic site, and thanks to everybody up front for helping me with my craft.

So, I dabbled with this stuff in high school and college, put it away for about twenty years, now here I am.

I shoot Contax rangefinder, old Rolleicord, old Hasselblad, EOS3, cheapy Polaroid, various P&S's, and a bunch of homemade 4X5 pinholes, and some other things laying around. I didn't have any of this stuff five years ago, then we moved into a house that already had a darkroom, and I said, hmm.

Things really got weird when I discovered lith, and everything that comes with that. Being naturally suited to sleep deprivation, it was a perfect match.
    Now the entire basement looks like a bomb laboratory.

The real thrill for me is taking papers and chemicals that folks are throwing in the garbage and turning them into images. At this stage in life I can afford whatever I want, but all I want is other people's garbage! (Say, that paint can looks like a camera . . .)

Someday soon I'm going to bribe the kid next door to show me how to make pictures appear on this t.v. thing with the typewriter hooked up to it, so maybe I can share a little. Just not there yet.

Anyways, this is a great site, and I'm glad to have found it. P.S. Anybody comes near Bellingham, I would love to meet and show ya around. I feel sometimes like I'm way up river, doin' my own thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Rich from the other coast. Paint can pinholes! I have a friend here who is planning to make a pinhole out of an old 35mm movie reel canister!
    I can't wait to see what images you plan on posting when you figure out this new-fangled technology.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    New subscribers are always wecome Rich. You will find the PNW well represented here.

Doyle
    It is easier to gain enlightenment than to explain enlightenment.
    Supreme Master Ching Hai

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Rich, Just a little downstream from you but on the "Right " Coast. Sorry Gene, should have been the left Coast.

Not doing any Pinhole just yet but everything in between 35mm an 8x10

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Rich, from just up the highway (and into a "foreign" country) from you.

My wife and I travel to and through Bellingham regularly - we should talk

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As above...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Say, JLP, I lived four years on Pill Hill and am still here to tell the tale. I know a little bit about where your at. I got married up on Bachelor.

Matt, yes we should. Gimme a heads up if you are coming through, like a week, because I generally only get on a computer at work, so I don't see things daily. We can go get some beer and oysters and talk photography, or shrimps and beer, or maybe salmon and beer. And talk photography. that would be great.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Rich, welcome from Hawaii.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin