Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,101   Online: 887

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Hi All from Adam Nehr Orlando Florida

Hi All,

I just found this group and felt it would be great to join in. I have made my living as a photographer for 35 years, starting with commercial, small product, annual report and magazine photography 1972-1988 and then moving to a speciality in aerospace work 1988-1996 and finally to photographic systems engineering at the Kennedy Space Center where I still am today. Commercial work is how I have fed my body but my soul has been fed by my large format B&W work. I got published and exhibited whenever I wanted to with my landscape and portrait work but my recent project has gone down in flames after a really promising start, due to my desire to actually make some relevant images that reflect society. I have had two major shows with this work but the political backlash and resulting censorship have made venue for this project scarce. Part of the problem is that I mixed documentary, fine art and illustrative techniques and nobody in the gallery and museum world knows what to make of it. The second reason is that the work evokes strong reactions and finally I use nudity metaphorically which is a major faux pas down here in the deep south. I was wondering if any of you have experienced the sharp blade of censorship or am I just unlucky?

Enough complaining, I am well versed on zone system, large format, lighting, set building, Darkroom, B&W printing Optics and photographic systems tech. I will be glad to contribute to the discourse on these subjects. If you want to see where I am coming from visit my site at www.issuesandicons.com

Stay well,

Adam Nehr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from New England

drew

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Thanks Drew

I checked out your blog, I imagine an RZ could be considered something heavy, but a friend and a tripod could get you back in business. Hope you get better.

Adam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to Adam,

I checked out your work and it's powerful stuff. Thanks for sharing. Hope you stay awhile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from just up the highway in Jacksonville.

I wouldn't call Orlando the deep south. The city hardly existed 40-years ago. It's filled with folks from all over the world brought in by the entertainment industry begun with the opening of Disney World in 1968.
    juan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome from New York City

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Adam, welcome from Hawaii.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin