Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,131   Online: 820

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

First exhibition / Introduction

Im not really new to apug, ive been reading and occasionally writing for about a year now. But i felt it was about time i shared a little and now i have something to share.

Yesterday was the opening of my first solo exhibition. It is a group of twenty photographs, 9 black and white and 11 color (all are analogue prints except two of the color ones, and all except three were printed by myself).

The website is http://www.gallery-now.com (click 'exhibition now' on the left)

I just wanted to say that it was thrilling to see my photos in a gallery. I was amazed at how good it felt. i know i love photography, but there is something very special about seeing your prints in hanging on a wall. The other interesting thing that i had not considered before the show was how exciting it was to see complete strangers looking at and being interesting in my work. I know that this is what happens on the web as well, but something very important is missing from it.

The show is in Seoul, Korea. Ive been living here and teaching english for the last year and a half. I came here after i graduated from university looking for a creative spark. i basically using teaching as a means of funding my photography.

By the way, this site has helped immensely with my work, i order raw chemicals, mostly, and would not be able to use them without this site.
    So Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats on the show and the job..
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi there from the north coast of BC, Canada

I remember your black and white work from the APUG standard gallery and was mightily impressed, but that's now doubled as there are few people who's way of seeing is as effective in colour as it is in B&W. Nice work! (I'm looking forward to seeing more...something tells me you've got several themes on the go, but aren't ready to let them out in public yet).

Congratulations on your show. There's nothing like seeing them all up as a group for the first time, standing back from them, then seeing how they play off and support of each other, is there?

Murray

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thanks a lot guys!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats on the exhibition and welcome to APUG!!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin