Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,975   Online: 836

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from the newest England!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from Middle England Kevin.
    I think that you have to subscribe before you can post images, or indeed peruse the extensive galleries, and portfolios.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin_c View Post
    It was nice, until this afternoon when it started raining! The temperature has also dropped by a few degrees, so looks like autumns on the way Ah well think of the photo opportunities with all those lovely autumnal colours.
    Colours..?

Regarding your photos, you could put a link to an offsite gallery in your signature. Or once you have been here for a while and if you think its worth £12.50 a year, you could subscribe and upload to your APUG gallery.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    So I can't just insert an image hosted on my own server?? - I have actually done this successfully already, but as i say, because I saw no other images inserted like this I changed to a link.

I realise this is not so much of a photo sharing forum, but sometimes it's handy to show one or two. Ah well...
    --Kevin--

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So I can't just insert an image hosted on my own server?? - I have actually done this successfully already, but as i say, because I saw no other images inserted like this I changed to a link.

I realise this is not so much of a photo sharing forum, but sometimes it's handy to show one or two. Ah well...
    Only from within a thread itself. However, most images are posted in the gallery, which requires you to be a subscriber. However, you could always start a thread asking people to post images in it.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    So inserting this image is OK then

Taken on my F100 and 28-105 AFD on a roll of Ilford FP4 last winter.
    --Kevin--

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It is, but we usually only post images this way that are pertinent to the thread; primarily because they disappear too quickly.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Kevin.

Welcome. This is a wonderful forum, as you will soon discover, but you are mistaken that this is not a photo-sharing site as well... As soon as you become a paid subscriber, you will have access to the photo galleries as well (see the gallery / portofolios link at the top?). There are tons of beautiful images there... a real inspiration...

Unfortunately, that part of the page is only for paid subscribers, but on the positive site, if you DO become a subscriber, you'll help Sean, the site's administrator, to keep this site alive. See his introduction and you'll understand some more about the difficulties to keep such a site alive:

http://www.apug.org/forums/subscribers.php

Again welcome and great image by the way!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    It is, but we usually only post images this way that are pertinent to the thread; primarily because they disappear too quickly.
    That's what I will probably do, the image above was really just to 'test the water'
    --Kevin--

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That's what I will probably do, the image above was really just to 'test the water'
    It works, and there has been a thread or two where images are posted as you did. I don't know of any particular rule for or against posting such images, but as Dave points out, the general consensus is to post them in threads where it makes sense. That is why I suggested starting a new thread if you want to post such images. However, normally, images are shared in the gallery.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin