Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,517   Posts: 1,572,187   Online: 1119

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hello from Boston.

Hi my name is Walter im 16 years old and im from Wilmington Mass. (15mins from boston). I've been very serious about photography for the past six months and have tought myself with the help of various books such as the Ansel Adams series. My camera is a Minolta Srt Sc-II which i have 3 lenses for (28mm, 45mm, 58mm). I shoot Tri-x primarily because i get it for free, but I'm experimenting with new films such as Ilford Pan F plus because I have found that Tri-x's grainyness is not suitable for many subjects.

That was the technical part, this is the fun part.

I have a strange personality and a great sense of humor, though sometimes i laugh at things that wouldnt make sense to most people. I love being in the city and go there as much as i can. I have a strong intrest in contemporary art and find traditional and fine art to be boring. I dont let the little things in life get me down and i tend to see the problems of others more important than my own. i focus my life on reality but tend to be far from it some times.

ok so maybe that wasnt so much fun. either way i look forward to getting to know you all and am sure that this place will be of great use for me.

Love, peace and chicken grease

Walter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Walter... welcome from north central Mass. Dive in, ask questions... we love seeing young people take up film photography. Do you have access to a darkroom at school??

As for grain... love the stuff, myself...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nope no darkroom access in school. Its a small private school in acton with a limited budget so anything beyond basic art and muic programs are a no-go. i was using the darkroom at my moms office for a whie (Joslin diabetes clinic) until her super visor started complainging about being liable if i get hurt. i have found a great, well equipped lab in south boston that i go to about once a month. i do contact printing in my bathroom with the aid of a lava lamp base. i may have a beseler 45mxt coming my way from one of my moms patients (Ned Manter). she told him that i want to get into 4x5 (which i do) and right of the bat he said he would give me one and some tanks among other things. his printing buisness recently switched over to giclee printing so theyre getting rid of all their darkroom stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome aboard. Although I'm in NYC now, I grew up in Somerville.

And continue to never take life seriously.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome! I was in Mass until recently. You can learn a lot here, so enjoy. Most of all, continue to have fun with your camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Walter... welcome from the other end of the state, the REAL home of Homer Simpson!!
    It's always great to have young people become interested in film & darkroom photography. I hope that you will be able to attend some of our NE-APUG get togethers.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Walter, and good luck getting started in 4x5".
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hi walter

i am not in ma, but in ri,
    enjoy the ride, and have fun with the 4x5.

if you ever find yourself in jamaica plain, there is a co-op photo center
    there that is amazing, the boston photo co op. they have classes, darkrooms
    and other fun stuff.

good luck!

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Walter. Welcome from Melbourne, Australia.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Walter,

Welcome from Sydney.

Regards,
    Thanasis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin