Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,672   Online: 1160

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New from Italia

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Flavio, welcome from Hawaii.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Friends!
    a very warm welcome, thanks a lot!
    Stefano from Prato? Incredibile, io vivo a Sesto F! Just few meters from my home!!

Ok I have thought it may be useful show a couple of web sites where you can see some of my pictures: please consider that I am not a pro.
    Here they are:
    Leica Gallery:
    http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/iKlee/

or: http://web.mac.com/fgori

In the last one you can even find some digital pictures taken with small Fuji (some of the rabbit ones- maybe the not so good as overall quality, its an old digital camera) and with a Nikon Coolpix.
    Hope you like take a look and give me back your remarks.

Thanks again for your words and... please Roger, let me know what does it mean your "...may be a puffed-up ignoramus... :-) I really can't understand.

Ciao!

Flavio

PS Is there a way to subscribe to a thread in order to get an email message when a new mail is arrived?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Flavio... welcome from western Massachusetts USA. I hope that you will enjoy your many visits to APUG!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iKlee View Post

PS Is there a way to subscribe to a thread in order to get an email message when a new mail is arrived?
    When you use the "post Reply" button and not the quick reply, scroll a little bit down and you'll see this:

Thread Subscription
    Notification Type:
    It will be set to "Do not subscribe". Changing it to "Instant email notification" before you hit the "Submit Reply" button will do what you want.

Alternatively you can set it up in "My APUG" (top of page), but that's a little more complicated.

And welcome to APUG - I haven't been to Firenze yet, but it's on my list for some time in the next five visits to Italia.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Flavio,

Sorry: your English is so good I was too colloquial:

'puffed-up' -- self-important, overly proud of yourself, a snob (same word in Italian)

'ignoramus' -- one who knows nothing, an ignorante

Some people on the Leica threads have applied these labels to those of us who (like you) use Leicas. As you can see, neither other Leica users nor I take them entirely seriously.

Cheers,

Roger
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Gene,
    many thanks for taking the time to replay in such a detailed way. Already subscribed to this thread.

Ole,
    I have been in Norway 3 times: 2001/02/06! I like your Country very much and am involved in the so called "Hessdalen Phenomena" Research (my field is in the Very Long Radio Frequency) in the Trondelag region. During our last trip we also drove from Trondheim to Bergen in an awesome mountain region. Wonderful, no words to describe.

Roger,
    thanks but I really would like to improve my English, so thank you 2 times in order to let me know new item :-) Your way to talk are extremely useful for the day to day talking and hope to improve my skill.

Ciao!

Shooter
    35mm
    Gene and Ole,
    sorry, I mistaken your messages. :-(

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Flavio - Benvenuto da New York (via Pontremoli/MS).
    Ultimamente uso la M6 e la MP; mi piace particolarmente la MP.

Yes, I am ready for an apug.it

Shooter
    35mm
    Ciao Renato,
    Pontremoli? Ragazzi qui ci si sente a casa! Up with apug.it!
    :-)
    M6 and MP? Lucky man!
    I'm thinking to add an M3 ds, it should be great use a camera born in 1955 (like me:-) I especially like mechanical camera, the slow photo creation.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Flavio,

BE WARY of D/S M3s. If you are used to almost any other camera, and are shooting fast with the M3 D/S, it is very easy to wind on half a frame; press the shutter; miss the picture; swear for some time.

If you use any S/S Leica as well, the D/S really can be bad news.

Cheers,

Roger
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin