Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,770   Online: 994

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Shooter
    35mm RF

Hello

Hello everybody. I'm Mark and I like film.

Late into photography. Learned to develop and print at school but never had a camera of my own. Got a digital camera 5 or 6 years ago (now 33 or maybe 34, I forget), then a digital SLR when they became affordable. Couldn't bare trawling through thousands of near identical, unexciting images whilst not being able to bare to delete any of them "just in case".

Bought a Stereo Realist from eBay in the US. after seeing some B&W stereo photos at a Lartigue exhibition and couldn't believe what I was seeing... like standing in a smokey cafe in Paris in the early 1900's. Knew I had to have one.

After shooting a few rolls, realised my photos were so much better with a lot more thought and got shot of the digital and bought a Bessa R2.

I also have an EOS30 that rarely gets used in favour of the Bessa and I hope to be shot of it soon to make way for a medium format camera.

And, as of two weeks ago I now have a darkroom with a 2nd hand Durst M70 so that I can get rid of the middleman altogether and that's how I came to be here. Saw someone mention APUG on the http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/ forums.

Oh, and I live near London.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome to the real world Mark.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from inside Vancouver (where the monsoon season is about to begin).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Mark, welcome from another island, Hawaii. Glad you found film again.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Mark,

like you I've toyed with the dark side, but simply preferred using film. Since you live near London you should treat yourself to a visit to Silverprint some time. Just, be prepared not to come out empty handed.

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from New England. Hold on to your horses...it's quite a ride!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by unhinged View Post
    After shooting a few rolls, realised my photos were so much better with a lot more thought and got shot of the digital and bought a Bessa R2.
    Welcome from South Shropshire. Getting the Bessa R2 was a major turning point for me too. It's my most used camera. If you want a cheap introduction to medium format take a look at the Mamiya C220/C330 TLR range. There's quite a few of us on here that use one.

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Mark.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd recommend a medium format range finder such as the many under valued 6x45's. it is a seemless transition from the Bessa to a MF RF.
    Last edited by jd callow; 09-20-2007 at 11:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from Washington DC!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin