Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,976   Online: 932

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Introducing CurtisNeeley

I was once a professional photographer and used primarily medium format and 4x5.

What would you do if you had a car wreck that erased most of your memories of the past and left you paralyzed?

I was left with the full use of one arm and a huge amount of photographic equipment I could not remember using. I sold most of it and am giving the rest I do not use away.

I spent most of the last 5 years in hospitals and rehab. Months straight in bed is no fun. I still love to take photographs. It can still be done occasionally. I spent most of my time in bed and on the internet. I am only here because I heard it mentioned on a Lenswork --- podcast."Three Photographers Who Inspire Me"

I do not seem to fit in here so I might just fade away.....

CurtisNeeley.com......My personal website.

FigureNUDE .....My fine art B&W nudes. Some done from a wheelchair.

Groupf16 A group of photographers who do a lot of work I love. I am the "flounder" of it.

P.S. I hope I have not offended too many in my first few posts. In the grand scheme of things photography is not that important.

Last edited by CurtisNeeley; 10-09-2007 at 01:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Canhed will fade away to might. I hope to just watch.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Curtis. I know we've got at least one other APUG member working from a wheelchair. I hope you stick around.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Curtis,

First, welcome to APUG.

Second, I now remember you from a couple other Community Forums where you came in, started some interesting threads, made some interesting statements, and the subsequent posts are kind of being repeated here.

I am amazed and I fully admire that you have the guts to enjoy photography and that you still strive to continue to do something you like, despite the harsh setback you have suffered.

Can I suggest you stay and particpate? And can I also offer that, if things don't exactly go the way you envision, not to just throw up your arms and leave? Why not hang here, read, contribute ideas, post images if you can, provide feedback on gallery images?

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 10-09-2007 at 10:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Curtis. I hope you stay, but can understand if you don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sometimes when one joins a forum and they want to get into something that may be controversial, it helps to introduce themselves first.

Good introduction, welcome to APUG.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Curtis,

Welcome to APUG. I'll stand by my post in the other thread, but that certainly doesn't mean you are not welcomed here, and I hope you stay and participate. The other thread is bound to be a bit controversial, and hopefully will expand your understanding of the membership here, and the diverse views taken by them. Its not generally a place where persons rant at each other, and though some reply's are certainly light hearted jabs, many (such as mine, I hope,) also simply take issue with bits of the manifesto. You are certainly welcome to refute any of it.

In any case, give it some time, and get involved in some threads about other things that interest you about analogue photography. You will find that many of the same persons who took a poke will also bend over backwards to solve a problem, or lend some help.

Best,

J Brunner

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Curtis, welcome from Hawaii.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No sweat Curtis: you're not the first to make a splash with your initial dive into the deep end . In any large group there will be people that disagree and others who agree with you.

Enjoy your time here.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Curtis. Welcome from Canada, eh?
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome to Apug. Your situation is a reminder than any one of us can have the same thing or similar happen at a moment's notice. It's truly a reminder to take one day at a time and don't take yourself too seriously. thanks for posting your website that gives loads of insite into you. Best to you.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin