Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,021   Online: 873

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Greetings from Northern California

Hi folks, it's great to be here. My name is Cherie and I live near Sacramento. CA. I've been interested in photography for a number of years, and recently have become completely obsessed. I've shot 35mm and medium format for a few years, and I love digital too. I've recently acquired 13 cameras including an old Agfa, a couple of old Kodaks, an Arette, a Yashica SLR and a Pentax SLR. All of these cameras were bought new by members of my family. Mom was a pretty darn good photographer, and kind of gave it up.

My favorite camera is my Yashica Mat 124G.

Anyway, I look forward to learning from all of you folks. I'm starting to become interested in processing my own film, and I will need a lot of help!!

Nice to meet you all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Cherie, and welcome from British Columbia. This is the place to get any answers about film and processing, and anything else analogue.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello from Michigan Cherie. You'll have alot of fun processing your own film. Go for it.

Jerry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Cherie, welcome from Hawaii. I used to have a Mat 124G, you are right, they are great cameras.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome from NYC to APUG, the home of film photography.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from Washington DC. There's a good number of us APUGgers in your area, so you're in fine company out there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There were a whole lot of APUGers in the Bay area when I first joined. They have all left, moved away, dropped out from sight. I wonder... coincidence?

Welcome. Lots to shoot in your neck of the woods. Head east young person. (Sierras)

Ask lots of questions. We all have an opinion, at least one, usually many depending on the phase of the moon.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Tim,

I grew up in San Jose - I actually just got back from a Bodie/Mono Lake/Eastern Sierra trip last week. The colors were fantastic. Just got my film back today from Carl's Darkroom and now I want to go into work just to scan it. Funny, I couldn't wait to get out of there yesterday!

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Welcome to apug. Sacramento is a nice area. Hope to get up to Mono lake soon myself as I've never been.

Jon in central California
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    My name is Cherie and I live near Sacramento. CA.
    Welcome Cherie!

I'll be landing in Sacramento next week for a few days and am looking forward to exploring your part of the world. Enjoy!

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin