Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,160   Online: 1084

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The UK calling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Aggie, Nope the 12 step thingy is a program of recovery from addiction to all things photographic. If you find that your life is out of control, your every waking thought is about photography, and you find yourself engaging in photography when you had not intended to it might be that you have a slight problem with an addiction... Or as someone once told me, if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck...chances are it isn't a goose.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dnmilikan @ Mar 14 2003, 05:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If you find that your life is out of control, your every waking thought is about photography, and you find yourself engaging in photography when you had not intended to it might be that you have a slight problem with an addiction... </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    that sounds like me all right&#33;

lee&#092;c

Aggie,

You may be right. I have a daughter who is just turning that corner. Suddenly Target clothes just aren&#39;t good enough...

dgh
    David G Hall

Shooter
    Large Format
    Lee, Welcome, you will find recovery here...BTW how is the darkroom coming? Did you enjoy your trip west?
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I dont want to frighten you guys and dolls out there with the problems of teenage kids, BUT, my three are between 30 and 45 and still a pain in the butt.

On the plus side the four grand children are great.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dnmilikan @ Mar 14 2003, 05:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Lee, Welcome, you will find recovery here...BTW how is the darkroom coming? Did you enjoy your trip west? </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    The trip west went well I think. Met Robert Kennedy and he is a nice guy and has a great dog. Ironwood is a rough place.

Darkroom is coming along. Spent most of the week on the roof redoing it. Can&#39;t leak now, I hope hope hope. spent today indoors and we cut out all the plumbing there and capped off the copper feed lines. Tomorrow we are finishing the drain plumbing and then we are building a wall that breaks up the room and then we are sheetrocking that part need it. Not everything needs sheetrock. maybe 16 sheets total. tape and bedding mud. That will go a long way to making it look like a darkroom and not a storage room. If we had everything bought and in place I think we could be printing in about 10 days.

We are being a little slow trying to figure everything out ahead of time to save money. Sometimes I have to beat a dead horse with my partner in the building as he is not a photographer and doesn&#39;t seem to understand what I am trying to accomplish. Generally, after about 100 drawings and 3 or 4 yelling matches, we seem to arrive at the same place and then we discover we were thinking of the same thing all along.

lee&#092;c

Aggie,

That was a great post. It has been printed and will be laminated and put on a wall somewhere, like a checklist, ready to go.

Lee, would you mind sharing what the total cost and total construction time on the darkroom will be when all is said and done? I am in the planning stages for either converting the back of the garage (no plumbing or electricity currently) or converting a small basement (plumbing, hot water, power, but 10 feet below the drainline) right now. I would be interested in whatever you can share.

dgh
    David G Hall

Shooter
    Large Format
    Lee,
    Sounds as if you are moving along with the darkroom. I&#39;ll bet you are looking forward to getting it finished. With your partner and yourself doing the work the costs should be kept within manageable levels. Do you have to pull inspections on your work? Do you have to have a general contractor and the various trades insofar as mechanical involved? Where are you doing your darkroom work now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin