Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,705   Posts: 1,548,475   Online: 839

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Hello from Connecticut

Hello to the members of the Apug community. I am a recent enlistee who should probably done this sooner. But perhaps, better late than never.

I have loved photography since I was a teen-ager growing up in a small town in Eastern Ct. The first camera I ever used was a Kodak 'folder' that belonged to my mother, who was kind enough to buy her son an occasional roll of film. The camera had a intermittent light-leak so the results were somewhat hit-or-miss. The first camera I ever owned was a 35mm Voigtlander Prominent, with (if I recall correctly) a Nokton 50mm f1.8 Lens. That was in Japan in the late 1950's with the first pay I got at my permanent duty station. Since then, I have stayed with 35mm - currently shooting with a Nikon N80, primarily with a Tamron 28/200 zoom. I was recently gifted with a refurbished Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta 532/16, so I am looking forward to trying to shoot with a folder again.

Over the past two years I have been primarily shooting Black and White which I have developed by the folks at the dr5 lab. I can't really say that I focus on any particular style of photograph, other than I look for the scene that I think will make a good photograph.

Regards to all,

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, George! This is a great place with more information and varieties of film shooters than you could shake a stick at! It's good to have you here!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome fellow-nutmegger, hope to meet you one day at one of our regional gatherings! Cheers, K

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from a fellow George in NYC.

Images
    Greetings from neighboring New York State, Just across the TZ bridge.
    Don't neglect the search feature it is a wealth of knowledge. If you don't find what you need there, just ask.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi George, welcome from Hawaii.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    8x10 Format

welcome

welcome from newtown(sandy hook). I too have a super ikonta as well as an 8x10.
    Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from north central Massachusetts. We have a pretty active group in New England... hope you can meet us at one of our get togethers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from western Mass... Springfield to be exact. Hope to meet you some day at one of our NE-APUG gatherings.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let me chime in with another welcome, from a guy who drives down 395 to Waterford many weekends. This is a great group. I echo the sentiment that we hope to meet you at one of our regional gatherings - we're a pretty active bunch - follow the regional postings.

Whitey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin