Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,720   Posts: 1,483,135   Online: 1258

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Hello from Naples, Florida, USA

Greetings from Naples, Florida, USA.

I found this forum a couple months ago after hearing or reading somewhere that some (many?) people are going back to film. I did a search for “going back to film” on Google and found this site.

I have read much on this forum, and learned even more. In fact, after reading this forum it’s clear I know very little.

In any event, I have a Nikon N80 with a Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D, and in the past few years have shot more B&W (Kodak T-Max 100 and 400) than color (Kodak Portra).

Here in my little corner of the world – Naples – we still have one pro lab left that develops B&W film, and I am thankful for that; however they scan and print digitally on a Fuji Frontier.

Thanks to this site, I recently sent a B&W 35mm negative to A & I in Los Angeles for optical reprints of a favorite family beach shot. They did a great job, though with shipping and all it was a bit pricey.

I am so thankful for this site. It’s reassuring to know there are so many avid fans of film out there. Walk into the Ritz Camera here in Naples and buy film, or ask them if they carry the Nikon F6, and they look at you like you just stepped off a spaceship.

In closing, I found amusing this recent “tutorial” I came across on how to use Photoshop to turn one’s digital images into film-look-a-likes: http://www.i-marco.nl/weblog/archive...rain_for_digit

Cheers,

Naples

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome from the other side of the country, Hawaii. Glad you found us.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Jacksonville.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I'ts a pleasure to find a community that welcomes you being out of step.

I too am still a happy silver addict, although I have never really left.

Now while there is a thread on support your local store, there are also many mentions of many good finds on *bay, as we call it around here.

Often just letting the word out that you shoot film, still, and are interested in using old cameras is enough to get them given to you.

In Florida there must be a whack of old cameras assessable though various retirement communities. Why not try putting a notice up in a few at the community halls, and you might have a dozen or two dozen or more cameras and associated bits for the price of one new bit of the latest Nikon fresh from the factory.

However you do it, enjoy the film experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Tallahassee!
    darr almeda
    Recent Work

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from NYC.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG (from London, England)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome, from the Canadian Riviera, Toronto.
    Let me ask you something. If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

- Anton Chigurh

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to APUG!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from western Massachusetts. Glad you found this site and that you are already enjoying your time here.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin