Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,851   Online: 971

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    welcome form the south west coast.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    You are lucky, you live in Toronto, home of Elevator Gallery. Check them out, they have some great offerings.
    I have thought about visiting many times, however, it is outside of my comfort zone; I rarely venture north of Queen St. and when I do, I try to stay south of Bloor.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    I know where you are at trying to find time to take shots. By the time arrives to take shots, the family duties of dinnertime and getting kids to bed, etc means the sun is long gone.
    You mean it all gets tougher with kids :o My photography will suffer more!

Actually, I travel for work on a reasonably frequent basis. By the time everything is done, it is usually dark and I find spending an hour or two taking pictures before retiring for the night quite relaxing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    I have thought about visiting many times, however, it is outside of my comfort zone; I rarely venture north of Queen St. and when I do, I try to stay south of Bloor.
    Time to get out of your comfort zone. I visited Toronto for the APUG Conference in 2006, and loved the city, loved the atmosphere, loved the local APUG members (Uncle Bill took a lot of his personal time to show me around the city), and found the crew at Elevator fantistic. That one expericence is enough to make me want to visit there again. Great city.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the group, Nigel. Good to have you on board.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome Nigel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin