Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,080   Online: 793

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Introducing myself

Well, I have been hanging around reading the forums here for some time and finally got around to contributing to become a subscriber, so it must be time to introduce myself.

My name is Nigel and I use film. I have no power over film. I believe the greater power (one of Kodak or Fuji, not sure which) can restore me to sanity. I have surrendered myself to the power of Ilford. I have made a moral inventory (although I'm not sure why) and have admitted my exposure errors and realize that I am powerless to correct them. I have not bothered making a list of all the people I have photgraphed and consequently will not be making amends for those mistaken exposures...

But a bit more seriously, I am located in Toronto. I have taken to nights, as it is both challenging and when I tend to have time to shoot.

I used to be a pretty dedicated 35mm photographer, but upon getting a Pentax 67II 2 years ago, have become enamoured with medium format, although not to the exclusion of 35mm.

Back in highschool (a long time ago) I did B&W processing. This lead to me rediscovering the darkroom several years ago upon rekindling my interst in taking photos. I have expanded my repetoire however, and now do lots of E-6 as well as some B&W. I don't have the space, nor frankly the inclincation, to set up a full darkroom for printing, so I scan film.

Now, enough of this, there are some night shots from this weekend that are in need of processing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Nigel, from western Massachusetts.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Nigel, Welcome from the prairies. You are fortunate to live in a city that has some incredibly talented photographers. If you get a chance, check out Bob Carnie's shop, you won't be disappointed: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum146/...w-website.html
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Nigel,

Welcome from Hawaii. You are lucky, you live in Toronto, home of Elevator Gallery. Check them out, they have some great offerings.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome Nigel.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG Nigel
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Nigel, I'm sure you'll enjoy the apug community and we look forward to seeing your work.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Nigel

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Nigel, welcome to APUG!

Alex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Please to say hi

I know where you are at trying to find time to take shots. By the time arrives to take shots, the family duties of dinnertime and getting kids to bed, etc means the sun is long gone. Mostly I shoot in the summer during holidays and on weekends, and work on these shots through the winter.

I too run 120 and 35mm. I still do run a wet darkroom, when I find the time to get there, and all of this stretchs back to my high school B&W experiences like you.

There are a fair collection of film shooters on the site in the GTA - I can think of a half dozen quite readily. I have met quite a few when Bob Carnie holds an event, and we all drop around to see what is going on. Then there are more prolific posters who are from all over the world, but thanmks to the web here, might as well be sitting next door for the information that we all share.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin