Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,410   Online: 753

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another welcome from the wet and windy west coast of Canada. (We Canadians have little to talk about except the weather).
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello from Sydney Janice,
    where in NZ are you from? We're heading over on Thursday for two weeks, we're doing a loop from Christchurch through Haast and the Arthur's passes.

Matt.
    Matt Gorringe

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hello from another down in Wellington.

I've never been into the photo club scene. Maybe it's just my foolish years showing through. I know it would probably help my photography no end, but I don't want to have to deal with alot of digital people wondering why I still shoot 4x5.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattg View Post
    Hello from Sydney Janice,
    where in NZ are you from? We're heading over on Thursday for two weeks, we're doing a loop from Christchurch through Haast and the Arthur's passes.Matt.
    Hello Matt, you lucky dog! Have a great trip! Its been 20 years since I traveled on the roads you'll be on. Enjoy! Janice is on the North Island on the Bay of Plenty, so you probably will not run into her.

Hi, Janice! And welcome!

Vaughn

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Always take the weather with you

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    Another welcome from the wet and windy west coast of Canada. (We Canadians have little to talk about except the weather).

Just like us brits..... !
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Greater Toronto Janice, I sympathise, I am the only black and white film shooter in my camera club, at least I have my own darkroom.

I have relatives in NZ on my mother's (she's a Kiwi) side in Napier, Wellington, Koramandal and Auckland.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Janice, from up north a bit (ork-land) .

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks again to all who have welcomed me since I last posted. I'm surprised to see several other 'kiwis' here, that's great. Hi guys!

PC, I also have a few old folders, and am looking forward to getting them out of storage and putting some film through them once our house is more organised. At the moment the renovations have to take priority!

Mattg, hope your trip to NZ goes really well.

And to the Canadians who've posted, I have only seen a small part of your country though have visited 3 times now - last time was in 2003 when we were there about 6 weeks and stayed in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary & Banff. Most of the time we were in Vancouver it was raining so I understand your comments about the west coast.
    My uncle lives in Calgary (married to a Canadian) and is currently visiting family over here, including a brother & sisters he hadn't seen for about 15yrs.
    Regards,

Janice (NZ)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Welcome from Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Hello from Whangaparaoa Janice
    Don't you just love Kiwi place names!
    Welcome from Oz. Keep the film fires burning and don't be pressured into giving up the darkroom, I have a similar situation at our club.
    Cheers, Tony

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    We have some good ones in England, including Splatt, Lover and Nether Wallop...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin