Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,829   Online: 828

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Hi from New Zealand

Hi everyone,

I have just joined, after looking at the forums occasionally over the last few years. I think this community is a great resource.

Until two years ago I was one of the last film users in my local camera club, then gave in after some arm-twisting by my husband and bought a Nikon digital SLR. However I still have a hankering after old film cameras and the B&W darkroom at the club, and am trying to get the time to get back into it again. Yesterday I spent a few hours printing in the darkroom for the first time in over a year. I'm the only one currently using the darkroom, but I'm hoping there will be a revival of interest some time in the future, and meanwhile will do my best to ensure the space isn't taken over for something else!! My preferred film cameras are a Pentax K1000 and an old Voigtlander Vito CL which I have used for street photography. I also have a collection of old 35mm and 120 film cameras mostly in working condition, which I intend to put to work as time allows. At the moment most of them are in storage, as we are renovating. I'm looking forward to having them on display.

I'm sure I'll learn lots here, hope to be able to contribute something too.
    Thanks!
    Regards,

Janice (NZ)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Janice, welcome from Hawaii. What part of NZ are you from? I've been to NZ a time or two.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the APUG jungle!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello from Whangaparaoa Janice

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Janice. Always good to see more women here!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Janice!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Toronto.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks all for the welcome, I'm in Tauranga. Hi Sean, I had a feeling there was a Kiwi in admin. I first heard of APUG around the time it was started - from an announcement on Photo.net or somewhere - and remember reading that.
    Regards,

Janice (NZ)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

welcome, from a member who also displays old cameras

I don't have a ton, but four or so that are usally on display. I grab one or another from time to time load it with film and start shooting.

I did a nice 2 week tour of NZ one just defore xmas in 03 to escape the Brizzie heat when I was working in Queensland. We rented a car, and stopped wherever we felt like it, renting caravans as we went. Beautiful place.

I know what you mean to be the last film holdout in a camera club. Hang in there. I have a few younger members at least a bit interested in souping, even though the club of which I speak actually has no facilities of its own.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Janice, welcome from western New England, USA.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin