Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,110   Posts: 1,612,844   Online: 1180

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Simon. Welcome from a Scotsman who lives in middle England with relatives in Dumfries who hail from Glasgow originally. It's called diversity. A bit like your range of cameras and shots .

Loved Ozzie. He has that caddish, slightly superior disdainful look. Cats are the George Saunders of the domestic pets world. If you're not old enough some of the venerable members will enlighten you on George Saunders. Plenty of us old enough unfortunately. It's chilling really.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Googled 'George Saunders' - came up with an actor, a writer and a comedian/after dinner speaker among others! Perhaps someone could tell me which George I should be looking for?

Cheers
    Simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Germany.
    I have not yet been to that part of Scotland so far...
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sar-photo View Post
    Googled 'George Saunders' - came up with an actor, a writer and a comedian/after dinner speaker among others! Perhaps someone could tell me which George I should be looking for?

Cheers
    Simon
    That may be him. He was referred to as "the cad" That's old English-speak for a bit of a rogue but one from an upper class family. When Hollywood wanted a suave, disdainful but slightly untrustworthy Englshman with an eye for the ladies it was George.

When it wanted an upstanding, no nonsense, entirely trustworthy Englishman it was C Aubrey Smith.

If you ever get the chance try and see the original "Prisoner of Zenda" with Ronald Coleman and C Aubrey Smith as the goodies and Douglas Fairbanks Junior and I think, Raymond Massey as the baddies. Great film.

So while not in the above film he was part of Hollywood's 1930 and 40s English baddies. I think his voice was used in the cartoon Jungle Book. He was the the villainous tiger.

The recent UK Steradent adverts with an upper class tiger who refers to his teeth as "the old gnashers" is based on a cross between Lesley Phillips and George Saunders although the voice isn't George Saunders and maybe not even Lesley Phillips but it has drawn on those two.

George sadly has been dead for a number of years. If your reference cites a date of death then it is likely to be George.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    welcome Simon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin