Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,555   Online: 1005

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hi from North Yorkshire, UK

I am an amateur photographer living in North Yorkshire (UK), working in monochrome, mostly using medium format cameras. I have a darkroom, (shed in back garden), where I do my developing and printing. I used to be a regular contributor to the Creative Monochrome “Best of Friends” yearbook (now sadly no longer published), and more recently had a print accepted for inclusion in Tim Rudmans latest lith book.

I have been reading the posts in APUG with interest for some time now; it’s good to see there are so many people still using traditional techniques in the face of the digital onslaught. (There are only 2 darkroom workers out of a total membership of 50 in my local camera club, me being one of them!).

I am a member of a small mono group based in Northallerton (the Oddfellows Mono group), so named after the pub in which we meet, so if there are any darkroom workers in North Yorkshire / South Durham who would like to join, I would be pleased to hear from you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to your first post Mark.

Actually having two darkroom workers in the same club seems a luxury these days! Good luck with the Oddfellows Mono Group - let us know if it gets a website together.

Oh yes, a few of us will be up in Northumbria next spring so see if you can pop along (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum137/...-where-go.html)

Have fun, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hiya Mark, a greeting from the red rose county. APUG is the resource for trad. phot. Regards, Blights
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi! A bit south of you here in Leeds, but nice to know there's someone else up this end of the world; I'm only a beginner at film/darkroom (maybe 18 months of shooting & developing film, 9 of having an enlarger/'darkroom') but if I'm ever up your way I'd be delighted to meet you guys. After all, anyone who meets in a pub is alright by me :-).
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Mark, welcome frome the sunny(!?) south.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah N Yorks where you have all of the scenery but none of the weather. Welcome from the S Mids where we have neither. Not really true but I'll swop most of Northants for say Whitby, Robin Hood's Bay, Staithes and the North Yorks Moors Railway.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome Mark and fellow Cambridge person snallen, hope to hear your thoughts in future threads.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from somewhere near the middle. I look forward to seeing your posts, quite a few of us also contributed to Best of Friends and regret it's passing.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Mark from just up the road in Hawes - as a bit of an oddfellow myself I could well be interested in joining your group when I get my darkroom finished ...
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Greetings Mark. I hope you have a heater in your garden darkroom. I find it bad enough in my loft, where mine is !
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin