Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,892   Posts: 1,520,863   Online: 1190

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello.

Welcome from the Isle of Wight, England.

I don't write down exposure information at the time but remember it when I process the film. In the envelope I keep the film in I write the date, location, camera details, processing details and exposure info. The exposure information is fairly vague though. Something like: "Mainly f8 @ 1/125" as I tend to use the whole roll in the same light at the same location and only occasionally vary the settings.

Steve.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, when I bother, I write it down in a little notebook and that's about 0.048% of the time. Welcome, Daivd.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from up north of you, near Vancouver, British Columbia.

With respect to exposure information, I am often surprised how often I remember it. I think it is because deciding on exposure tends to be a thought process that I approach in a fairly consistent manner. I tend to remember what the light was like, and what I was aiming for, and the resulting exposure settings necessarily fall within a narrow range.

I also make heavy use of "Sunny 16" as a reality check, so that may aid in the remembering as well.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks all. Basically, I'll just continue to keep a couple note cards in my camera bag to take notes on. I think I get so caught up in the moment of taking the pic, that it doesn't seem relevant to try and remember all the little details. Guess that is why I enjoy taking pics. Very freeing, relaxing and plain enjoyable. Can't wait to get out and do some more. Thanks again for all the insights.

Shooter
    35mm
    I should qualify that I write on the holders when I'm shooting LF because the information is useful in the darkroom. I shoot both sides of a holder for one shot. The information can (sometimes) help me decide how to adjust, if I don't like the first neg, or detect problems with my film, processing, procedure, or equipment.

When I shoot roll film, I do nothing more than note how I have rated it, because what's done is done, as far as that roll is concerned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin