Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,161   Online: 819

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    hi dennis --
    like you i am a recent subscriber and noticed your name in an earlier thread about the kenna show, which i went up to see yesterday before it closed .... i've seen your work as well -- i think the first time was in an exhibit here in corvallis where i live (it was several years back) -- it was pt/pd work, mostly still lives, and very impressive (i was particularly taken by the expressively deep printing) .... i believe we have (or perhaps had) a mutual friend/acquaintance and fellow pt/pd printer--todd parker, also from corvallis ..... he moved up to shelton, wash., about six or seven years ago, tho, and i believe may have dropped out of photography as his family grew .... i also own one of your silver prints, purchased at the u of o auction in 06 .... all those connections, yet we've never met!

rich

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from middle England Dennis, enjoy the company.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Dave. I have friends down in the south of England I am hoping to visit one of these days. I hope that Rollei is working out for you.

Rich, thanks for the kind words and buying my print. Maybe you should meet up with my brother there working, in a frame shop. He is an excellent guitar player and loves bluegrass so perhaps your mandolin would go well. If you know Jackie Branch (Harrison's wife) she might know where his frame shop is. Unfortunately I don't keep in touch with him. I definitely know Todd Parker and have wondered what happened to him. Last I talked to him he seemed more into his painting than photography. I have a couple of his platinum prints. I am sorry we missed at the Kenna show since I went to it again yesterday as well. Wanted to have a second look on the last day. I was wondering who got the silver prints from the museum. It was an experiment to show the silver prints as they really prefer my platinum stuff by I am far more inspired now to shoot with the Rollei and print silver. I was told by Susie after that, that my platinums get far more appreciation so I put in platinums again this year. thanks for getting the silver print.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i recall seeing your platinum prints at this year's auction (and particularly remember the still-life; reminiscent of early dutch paintings) ...... and you're right, the buying public there is much more interested in authentic prints (both silver and platinum) because they are becoming pretty rare amidst all the digital prints being donated these days ....... there were a handful of nice platinum prints in the auction this year -- phil harris, dick artentz, joe lipka ....... i saved all my pennies to bid high enuf to buy arentz' big platinum of a street scene in portugal ..... my donation of a platinum print of the cloisters under lacock abbey also proved popular, partly because it's connection to photo history (i made it from a digital neg, tho, so i can't post the example here-- i think it's still at the photographyatoregon.org site, tho, if you care to take a look) .... i'll ask around about your long lost brother, but i'm afraid my mandolin playing is not good enuf to come out of the closet as yet -- i just plunk away for self-enjoyment ..... good luck with the rollie

rich

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from Norway too, I figure it's about time a moderator said hello.

Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    ... My most serious work is LF in pt/pd though I am not really interested in talking about that stuff as I figure even though I have done it for 25 years I am still not an expert. ...
    As someone else said in another thread, we're all beginners here. Just that some of us have been beginners for longer than others...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ha Ha that someone else in another thread was me of course.

Hey Rich here is your image:
    http://www.photographyatoregon.org/0.../bergeman.html

I had my eye on the Casanave print as she was a class mate with me in the 70s in photo school. I couldn't afford it though so went with the Freemesser image.
    Dennis

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Oh sorry ole I got confused. that other thread was this thread... you were quoting the beginners quote.. I get it now.
    d

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you mean Martha Casanave? She comes to Portland for PPF workshops and events. She's coming up for a figure workshop and then maybe for PPF's Alternative process festival.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin