Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,532   Online: 941

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Up here in rainy Portland Oregon.

I guess I'll introduce myself though I have been imposing my 2cents worth quite a bit already. I just subscribed today. I wasn't going to because I did the math and figured that if everybody subscribed the owner would be getting paid way too much money, so some people have to free load. But I have come to be interested in several people that hang out here and I wanted to look at their photos and you have to pay to do that.

I studied photography in a couple of California schools back in the 1970s and haven't done anything but photography since, which is basically my whole responsible adult life.

I moved up to Portland in 1979 and took a short term job as a color printer then went to work in a commercial studio doing table top stuff for about 10 years after which I went to work on my own in my own studio and tried to convert my self to art photography while supporting myself with commercial work and custom lab work.

I am pretty much still in that phase though now I live with a woman in a long term relationship and I have a killer dark room in the basement and only go to the studio when I need to.

My interests/obsessions now are Rolleiflex talk and darkroom talk. My most serious work is LF in pt/pd though I am not really interested in talking about that stuff as I figure even though I have done it for 25 years I am still not an expert. It masters me more than I it. I love getting out and shooting with the Rollei and making little silver prints but I don't create much of a stir with that kind of work. Just another one of the millions of photographers adding prints to the unending mountain of prints in the world.

I wonder a lot why I hang out in APUG rather than doing some creative work but my communication obsession needs more feeding than I can get from my busy friends and my spouse isn't a visual artist. She is a dancer.

Anyway that is me.
    Dennis Purdy
    my web site is just a bunch of portraits and wedding stuff. Not very interesting
    dennispurdy.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Dennis...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Dennis, form across the way in western Massachusetts.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Dennis (from a wee bit more than halfway to Gene & Suzanne)!

Oregon is a place I've longed to visit! Glad you decided to subscribe (trust me... Sean does not get paid nearly enough).
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dennis,

Welcome from balmy Seattle.

Bob

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl View Post
    Welcome to APUG, Dennis (from a wee bit more than halfway to Gene & Suzanne)!

Oregon is a place I've longed to visit! Glad you decided to subscribe (trust me... Sean does not get paid nearly enough).
    That bit about his earnings was supposed to be just a little joke. I hope it doesn't get taken wrong.

thanks Dennis

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Noticing now the membership rating, mine being "subscriber", I notice that Suzzane, papagene and BWGirl all are "council". What does that mean. I can't find info on it anywhere.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

From another wind blown and wet photographer

Welcome Dennis.
    Where did you work at? I was with Wy'east color for some time from 1996 to 2002.
    If you wish to me other Portland photographers. Check out Portland Photographers Forum. We're a great group of people.

R
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Robert, I worked at Dahlstrom photography throughout the 80s doing sunday paper type ads and catalog work for all the usual people and a bunch of computer clients as well. 1990 through 97 or so I had a studio down in the Pearl district. I got priced out of that neighborhood and put my darkroom in the house and work out of a studio inner N Portland. I have been thinking of checking out the PPF and maybe I should. I just came in from checking out the Michael Kenna exhibit. Stunning prints. 8th and Davis next door to Blue Sky.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A Welcome from Copenhagen.... Dennis.
    Just got a Rolleiflex made in the beginning af the 1950'th.....
    And do not knew much about it, but it take fine pictures.....

niels-erik

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin