Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,336   Online: 781

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by geauxpez View Post
    Check out the Ivanhoe St. Music Festival in the spring if they're still doing it. Ahhhh....sweet memories of debauchery.
    No, Ivanhoe Music Festival had the kabosh put on it the year of Katrina. Bummer. I've lived in the Chimes/Ivanhoe/Carlotta/State streets neighborhood for years... I'm wondering if we may have met.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy Blum Cooper View Post
    If you're in the photography department at LSU, tell Mr. Tom Neff that I said 'hello'.
    I am in the department, and I'll tell him you said hi. I've had a few classes with Tom. Did you know he just had a book published?

Shooter
    35mm
    @ Everyone else:

Thanks, Hello!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey View Post
    No, Ivanhoe Music Festival had the kabosh put on it the year of Katrina. Bummer. I've lived in the Chimes/Ivanhoe/Carlotta/State streets neighborhood for years... I'm wondering if we may have met.
    Quite possibly. I was on Ivanhoe across from the pink house in a brick duplex that is rightfully a bit secluded (behind the 2-story white building where Micayla lived) -- the address was 3245. I was there from fall 1999 to summer of 2002. Dan Gonzalez, the nutty English professer was my neighbor in the duplex. Scott Whiddon (another English guy and a musician) was across the yard from my place in the building that Steve Struck bought (I assume that Steve will ALWAYS be there).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quite possibly. I was on Ivanhoe across from the pink house in a brick duplex that is rightfully a bit secluded (behind the 2-story white building where Micayla lived) -- the address was 3245. I was there from fall 1999 to summer of 2002. Dan Gonzalez, the nutty English professer was my neighbor in the duplex. Scott Whiddon (another English guy and a musician) was across the yard from my place in the building that Steve Struck bought (I assume that Steve will ALWAYS be there).
    I know Scott and Steve... not sure about Dan. And I know that building; several of my friends have lived in it. Had the one on the left been dubbed the "Taint Mansion" yet when you lived there?

I'm really going to miss that neighborhood when I move away.
    Last edited by Trey; 01-02-2008 at 01:06 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Punctuation error

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know Scott and Steve... not sure about Dan. And I know that building; several of my friends have lived in it. Had the one on the left been dubbed the "Taint Mansion" yet when you lived there?

I'm really going to miss that neighborhood when I move away.
    LOL! A buddy and I put the "Taint Mansion" letters up when Dan was out of town. Man do I miss that cheap rent. I talk to Scott all the time -- he's still in Kentucky. I can't wait to tell him.

Shooter
    35mm
    LOL! A buddy and I put the "Taint Mansion" letters up when Dan was out of town. Man do I miss that cheap rent. I talk to Scott all the time -- he's still in Kentucky. I can't wait to tell him.
    Small world (internets?), huh? My good friend Joe Eunice lived there for awhile... he must have moved in right after Dan moved out. We always wondered about the Taint Mansion thing. I just sent him a text to let him know that I'd discovered the perpetrator.

Eversberg is my landlord on Chimes st. You can't get anything fixed, but for the cheap-o rent, you can't really complain.

And Tell Scott I said "hi." I'd always wondered where he'd gotten off to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Trey, dont worry about bugging, you'll find help to whatever problem you encounter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Small world (internets?), huh? My good friend Joe Eunice lived there for awhile... he must have moved in right after Dan moved out. We always wondered about the Taint Mansion thing. I just sent him a text to let him know that I'd discovered the perpetrator.

Eversberg is my landlord on Chimes st. You can't get anything fixed, but for the cheap-o rent, you can't really complain.

And Tell Scott I said "hi." I'd always wondered where he'd gotten off to.
    In case you wondered, the Taint Mansion is a reference from an episode of "Mr. Show", an HBO thing. Eversberg was my landlord as well -- famous for not fixing stuff: wall unit a/c caught fire? Paint the wall. Floor in the bathroom rotting through? Put in peel & stick tile. The latter was a repair Scott endured while living in an Eversberg dump on State St. that he referred to as the "Slanty Shanty". It was an upstairs apartment and it leaned.

I'm calling Scott tonight. This is too funny.

Shooter
    35mm
    In case you wondered, the Taint Mansion is a reference from an episode of "Mr. Show", an HBO thing. Eversberg was my landlord as well -- famous for not fixing stuff: wall unit a/c caught fire? Paint the wall. Floor in the bathroom rotting through? Put in peel & stick tile. The latter was a repair Scott endured while living in an Eversberg dump on State St. that he referred to as the "Slanty Shanty". It was an upstairs apartment and it leaned.

I'm calling Scott tonight. This is too funny.
    I think I remember when he lived in the "Slanty Shanty," just behind that peach colored building, right?

Speaking of Eversberg; I just got home and the kitchen sink was backing up and spilling onto the floor. Of course it was just after five, so he wasn't in his office. I tried plunging it out, to no avail. I wound up having to use some aquarium tubing form my darkroom to siphon it all out. Bummer.

Oh, and another time, I had gone to Chicago for spring break. A window in my living room had broken the day I was leaving, so I called the office and asked them to come repair it. Since I didn't want birds coming in my apartment, I taped some plastic wrap over the broken pane. Well, when I got back a week later, the plastic wrap was still there. When I called, they were like, "oh, Louis went over there and said you had already fixed it." Right.

But like I say, the rent is cheap.

Gotta' go get some oysters at The Chimes now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin