Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,410   Online: 755

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    im thinking Alden's words can apply to many of us here. Thats a good thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adult teenagers are rampant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Alden... I've enjoyed your posts, and hope to see some work of yours in the gallery soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to a squid from a baby bok choy. We've got turnips here too, I hear. And lots of wall flowers.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Alden, wasn't Brooks great? For an even better one try on Art Center. There they take a sword and cut you off like a bamboo shoot if you go against the grain. I got enough of that in the service. I lived in Wyoming for two years as a kid, 12, and learned a lot there, land, farming, snakes, square dancing in the schools, it was really quite fun, cowboy duds with snap buttons, big belts and boots. No TV or radio, just a windup record player and the old disks. 48's, 68's, I forget now.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Curt;567327]Hi Alden, wasn't Brooks great? For an even better one try on Art Center.

Almost went to Art Center. I used to think that Brooks should be brought up on charges. I could teach in 2 1/2 months what they stretch out to 2 1/2 years, but ultimately you have to take responsibility for your own education. I advise against paying a photo school, especially if you're going to miss out on a real college education, and you don't even get up to date business practices. Successful people in any field are self motivated and aggressive learners. I vote that a photographer can be self educated and florish, yet look what the art world has done to aspirants. They're now expected to have masters degrees. This so they can swallow whole the postmodern dogmas of the gallery system. But no sour grapes here. Innovators always set their own pace.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Don't feel bad, I've got almost 5 more teenage years on me then you and I'm still farting around with trying to put together a portfolio. My money days have come and gone and if it wasn't for the fact I'm handy and can repair things (thank you GOD) I'd be starving. I think what people like you and me need to do is quit shooting general bullshit landscapes and choose a subject, any subject and shoot it to exclusion for a year. This thread on personal projects might get your motor running: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum50/4...-projects.html

Nice to meet you btw.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    18 'till I die... Glad to see there are a few more 50+ year old teenagers here besides me. Thomas -I'm on my third career and it's the best one so far (they've all been great).
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Alden! Your avatar looks a bit on the young side to me. (I'm 73 and still a pupil).
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to APUG, Alden. I have very much enjoyed the threads you have started.

J

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin