Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,549   Online: 965

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Greetings from Santee, California

I joined today. I've looked a several forums but this forum is specific to film. That is so rare today. Everyone wants to go digital.

Santee is about 20 miles east of San Diego. It is a great little community. I retired two years ago just two weeks after I turned 55. I wanted to pursue other interests while I was still young enough to enjoy. There never seems to be enough time when you have to work full time. I am truly enjoying to time I spend now.

I am taking Photography at the local Community college. I have always enjoyed Black and White photography. I wanted to learn how to develop and print my own pictures. There is such a sense of accomplishment when you walk out of the darkroom with a picture that you created with only the tools available in the darkroom.

My final porfolio for Photo II was a series on Natural Forms. It was done in my home studio. I enjoy studio work. I am having a little trouble uploading my pictures. When that issue is resolved, I will upload my portfolio.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas with all of you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    welcome to APUG from Ireland, enjoy your retirement and post often

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from the Great White North!
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from New England...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from a former Californian and current New Englander. Enjoy your retirement... especially if it involves lots of b/w darkroom printing!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Wyoming. East of San Diego is fabulous country. I was just there last Oct. So many photo possibilities in California !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG. I spend most of my year in San Diego, though downtown. Just out of curiosity, are you attending Grossmont College? Who is teaching?

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, I am attending Grossmont College. Paul Turounet is the instructor for the classes I have taken. He is a great instructor. The photography program at Grossmont has expanded and is great.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Welcome from the other end of California!!

vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. I recently relocated back to San Diego (Bay Park/Clairemont) after a 33 year stint in LA. You'll enjoy this website...great people with lots of knowledge!

S
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin