Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,228   Online: 756

Thread: Introduction

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Greetings:

My name is Mike Kirwan, originally from the UK and now living in Concord (California Bay Area).

I have been an avid photographer for more years than I am going to admit to. My passion is Black & White Landscape photography and I shoot mostly 4x5 with occasional ventures into 5x7 and 8x10. I have built my own lab in my garage and to keep me company I have an Omega E enlarger with VC head and a couple of venerable D2's set up for the smaller formats.

Best - Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    HI Mike:
    Welcome to the group. As I am sure you are discovering, you are in the company of folks like yourself. It is a nice oasis for those who seek to express themselves with chemical imagery who are also obsessed (yes) with creating images that are worth occupying a wall - or a special place on the coffee table!

My name is Frank Hovie, I am a Southern California native. I live in Palmdale - north of Los Angeles and shoot almost all formats 16mm to 4x5. My passion is 4x5 monochrome. I do my own processing and mix my own chemicals. My darkroom is a converted closet in my home office. It makes it kind of hard to work sometimes! I am a product of the late '50s and am focused on creating art from landscapes and people as part of the landscape. I also love still life and do portraits in MF as well. -Frank
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin