Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,487   Posts: 1,571,314   Online: 798

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A hearty welcome from California!

May God protect you and bring you safely back to the USA.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A hearty welcome to APUGGland!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    welcome to APUG photobizz from Wales,or as we say 'croeso'.nice to know there are people still out there interested in silver.take care,we are so proud of the work that you all doing out there.please pass the messege to all your friends.you are making the world a better and safer please for my kids to grow up.have you got a darkroom out there?
    hwyl fawr.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome! I found this wonderful place from another member. I'm a 9 year veteran of the US Army as well. Take care. Stay safe.
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome to Apug, Colin:

As a former Navy Pilot and Viet Nam vet you have my prayers and my most heartfelt thanks for your service. Those of us who have been there do not need to dig too deeply to remember the rollercoaster life of being far away from home, at risk and serving with the very best. We are able to fully appreciate the sacrifice you are making. Stay safe and God Bless.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Welcome Colin from Las Vegas Nevada, "You all" have a fan club here in Nevada. Thanks for everything.
    God Bless.
    Dave in Vegas

PS How much film do you have?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome. I've not been here all that long myself, but already I feel 'right at home'. I like your stuff on BetterPhoto.

By chance, just last Sunday I was looking at some B&W negatives I took when I was in Iraq in 1983-'84. It was a very different place then, in the middle of a very different war. I was using an ancient rangefinder and a pair of Pentax Spotmatics then for myself, and a pair of Nikkormats for work. There were lots of restrictions on what could be photographed, but I managed OK (only managed to get arrested once). It was illegal to take exposed undeveloped film out of the country: they wanted everything developed there so they could see what was on it. Trouble was, that meant committing it to out of date chemistry (not their fault) and the possibility that I'd get half the pictures confiscated and/or me in jail for inadvertantly shooting the wrong thing. Our embassy staff were some lovely people but always did things by the book, so some rather more free-wheeling friends from the New Zealand embassy put it in their diplomatic bag for me and eventually I got my films back after a two month round trip via Christchurch. Lots of memories...

Be safe, and I hope film is all that you will need to shoot.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Boston. Thank you for your service and be safe! I was Navy and now I'm Air Force Reserve.
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
    CAPT. John Parker, Massachusetts Militia. 19APR1775

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to Apug Colin! Looking forward to the postcard you're sending me! You are on my postcard Round#13 Exchange list. Hopefully you received my card that I sent you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome and thanks!

How do your cameras hold up over there with all the dust and grit and sand?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin