Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,672   Online: 832

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Apeiron, welcome from England.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from NYC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

welcome aboard - from the GTA

Quote Originally Posted by apeiron View Post
    (For) years I say to myself that time for a film-scanner is arrived ...
    I hear you - you have landed in a place of many like souls.

I look at the gallery, and think "I should get organised and put some of my stuff up there for feedback". I then get too many other 'opportunities'.

I was all set to buy an Epson in March 07, and then in April I bought and rehabilitated a roller processor.

Then I was about to in October 07, when some mad money cash accumulated. I started shooting portraits more steadily, and was growing weary of 4- aa cell flash units dying, or taking forever to recycle. So I spent some money rehabbing some 'potato masher' type flash units that live on robust lead acid batteries. I also bought some real stands and backdrop supports about a month later when the duct taped solutions were no longer portable enough.

Then the mad money cash was building again around Christmas. Finallly, I thought; and then I was gifted a whole whack of 4x5 film among other gifted supplies (totalling $2K-3K), and the free use of a studio camera and lenses from another friend. That drove the nail into my unfullfilled lust for a 'real' flash system. I went out scrounng for a deal, and found on Craig'slist a 2400w/s speedotron black line pack and three heads.

Now I am working on cleaning up , finishing off, and creating 'overflow' darkroom space in the laundry room for a future 4x5 enlarger, since the dark room I work out of will not ever have room to fit such a beast in it.

Ah what a mad middle age compulsion I have. I'm glad I get such pleasure out of it. And here at APUG there are others who can understand me. In a way it can function akin to an Alcohlics Anonynmous. Only here we call our complsion GAS - Gear Aquistiion Syndrome.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the group.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome. You are sick. It is an epidemic here. There is no cure. Don't want one.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin