Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,700   Online: 1175

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Greetings from Photo Central in Winnipeg

Hello APUG members,

On behalf of all the staff at Photo Central, I would like to say hello and offer our sincerest regards. We have been following your forums for sometime now, and we feel that it is past time to introduce ourselves (though I daresay some of you already know who we are!) and offer our own opinions, advice and questions to the mix.

I would like to say that this post and any subsequent posts are not meant as advertisements for our store. Rather, we recognize the need to help support and maintain all forms of film photography, and to that end we wish to offer our advice and experience to the discussions in your forum.

For those of you who don't know us, we are a long-established photo equipment store in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We are and will continue to be committed to film photography of all types. We support a large, vibrant community of darkroom users in Winnipeg with products and advice. However, given the nature of business and the photographic industry today, we recognize the need to ensure a global desire and understanding of film processes. Thus, here we are.

We will endeavor to add constructive advice wherever we can in these forums, and we welcome any questions you may have, be it about products or process, photography or printing.

In recognition of forum rules concerning spam, I will not post a link to our store here, though we are easily found via Google.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to my time in your forum.

Regards,

Andrew Toews

Photo Central, Winnipeg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Andrew... welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great to see you here! You may recognize a few of us

Tim
    If only we could pull out our brains and use only our eyes. P. Picasso

http://www.timbowlesphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hello Andrew and welcome, from a former Winnipegger.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Andrew,

I was just in to your store yesterday. For those of you who aren't from around here, Photo Central is just about the last place in Manitoba where traditional supplies can be found. Welcome to APUG!

John
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Andrew,

Welcome to APUG from NYC.

Given your strong commitment to traditional photography, perhaps you'd like to become a subscriber, or even a sponsor of the site?
    Last edited by copake_ham; 01-16-2008 at 07:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard from the north coast of BC

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from a Montrealer with a Winnipeg girlfriend! I was over there two years ago in the summer, and was looking for some film. Could only manage to find a Black's, but I wish I knew about you guys then.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

sjb

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Andrew , I thought the expression looked familiar! Susan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to Apug, Andrew!

Wish you were on the island as our local stores supplies are few and far between. They have even stopped carrying the Ilford postcard paper? Do you guys carry that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin