Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,530   Online: 881

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Vario Stop Clock Timer problem

I am looking for someone who uses an Aristo VCL 4500 light source and a Vario Stop clock timer. I am having trouble adjusting the speeds of the two lights. I am new to APUG and still trying to find my way around the site.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You should probably go to the darkroom equipment part of the forum:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/

I do have that enlarger head but I don't know what a Vario Stop clock timer is.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG David.

I use an Aristo 1212 cold light with a Vario Stop Clock Timer and am very happy. That won't help you much since it is a single light. R. H. Designs is a sponsor here and I am sure would be more than willing to help. Here is a link to their contact page. Pick the method of contact that works best for you and try them.

http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/...ontact_us.html

John Powers

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi John, Thanks for your reply. I did try contacting RH Designs and they understood the problem as I described but they did not feel that it was a problem and that I should just print with the crazy times. They did suggest contacting someone on APUG and hence my request. It would still be nice to find someone using the identical configuration that I am using.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the group there, David.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbuttts View Post
    Hi John, Thanks for your reply. I did try contacting RH Designs and they understood the problem as I described but they did not feel that it was a problem and that I should just print with the crazy times. They did suggest contacting someone on APUG and hence my request. It would still be nice to find someone using the identical configuration that I am using.
    Not having access to a VCL4500 myself it's difficult to offer a definitive answer, however I do know from personal experience that the Zone VI VC head together with both the Vario and the Zone VI Compensating Timer exhibits similar behaviour - the "seconds" are quite a bit longer with only the blue tube illuminated vs only the green tube. That's why I don't think it's a problem - it simply suggests that the blue tube is dimmer than the green one. Provided the sensor is "looking" at the diffuser and not the tubes directly, everything should work as intended.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Richard,

Thanks for your information. I will go ahead and try printing and see how it all works out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin