Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,198   Online: 976

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

I'm also a little late here...

Hello All,

I've been a lurker and occasional poster to APUG for the past few months, have really enjoyed a lot of the stuff on this site. I currently live in San Antonio TX, where I've been for 4.5 years. Prior to here I've lived in Edwards CA, Biloxi MS, Norfolk VA, and am native to Escondido CA.

I've been shooting steadily since the late 80s, mainly 35mm black and white - Tri-X and Plus-X that I develop myself in D-76 mixed 1:1. For black and white, the cameras I currently use most are Nikon F and F-100; I recently bought a used Pentax 645 with 55mm and 75mm lenses and am having a good time with it. Prior to the Pentax I was shooting medium format once in a while with a Yashica-Mat purchased well used for $150 and actually have gotten plenty of good pics with it. I still shoot color, mainly in an Olympus Stylus Epic that I take everywhere.

Since the early 90's I've had my own darkroom stuff - Beseler 23CII. Between having a demanding "day job" and being a family man with three young kids, it is hard to find the time other than late at night on weekends to print. However, I still LOVE printing my own B&W and cannot see getting the same enjoyment out of the process by doing everything on a computer.

I have lived in tiny apartments, small and medium sized houses in the burbs and have never had the luxury of dedicated darkroom space. Currently I set up the enlarger on the floor of a walk-in closet and carry the exposed paper in a papersafe to the laundry room where I set up my trays on top of the washer and dryer. I use no running water in either location, just do my rinses in the kitchen sink when I'm done for the night. The dust/lint in each place is terrible but I actually don't need to spot prints as much as one would think. I guess my main point here is not to let lack of dedicated space and/or suboptimal conditions keep you from getting in the darkroom if it's something you enjoy.

I have scans of around 150 of my black and white images on Flickr if anyone wants to check them out:

http://flickr.com/photos/21659860@N07/

I just paid to become an APUG subscriber and will likely put them on a gallery on APUG when I have the time.

-DAM1970

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. I am also from Escondido, CA, currently living in Denver.

- CJ

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome. I'm originally from Norfolk, Va but I now live in Richmond, VA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG! I'm originally from a parallel universe, currently doing time in Brandon, Manitoba
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Howdy! Welcome from Houston-ish. This is a great place... you're gonna love it!
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUGgland!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from Melbourne, Australia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! NICE photos you've got there. I love your style! Welcome to APUG!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Upload away... your photographs are great, and so is your dedication!! Welcome to APUG!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just checked out your photos and yes, they are very well done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin