Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,424   Online: 1143

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from Middle England Rachelle. Now if you care to hop on a Eurostar on Saturday you could join in on our London meeting and be home again in time for a lateish tea.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Another welcome from Toronto.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rachelle,
    Welcome from Vancouver via Metropolitan Detroit (there's an interesting phrase). I've also seen a bit of travel the last few years (my darkroom is in storage back in Michigan) and my next move is likely to be in 18 to 24 months and could be anywhere in the commonwealth (the USA not being a part of) with Japan and or China stuck between. I hope you find a scanner that will allow you to post your work.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUGland,eh!we're a secret silver army and we're on the march....
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Welcome to APUGland,eh!we're a secret silver army and we're on the march....
    But we have to stop every few feet for some bastard in the ranks to take a freakin picture, then process, then print, then someone else has started in. When it comes to marching photogs don't get very far very fast.

My dad and I went out one day and were gone 12 hours. We drove a total of thirty miles, and never got to where we were headed.

Welcome from the desert Southwest USA.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the group, Rachelle.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Rachelle, welcome to APUG. Let me guess, you are back under the surface now?

Alex W.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome Rachelle,

Don't worry about racing against time for analog. It has some die hard users, many of them with vast amounts of knowledge and expertise. You can now consider yourself as part of an elite photographic group.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone for your kind words of welcome -- this is definitely the friendliest place on the internet that I'm a part of. I'm glad to be here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome from an exiled Brit in New York Rachelle. I'm a newbie myself and LOVE this site. I can assure you you're in great company here!
    Remember: Silver is a precious metal - silicon is just sand!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin