Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,850   Online: 749

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I joined APUG in October of last year and never really posted or read anything as I joined and forgot about it. Now that I've spent some time catching up on the old posts and adding a few of my own I figure it's about time I dropped a post here. The attached photo is my first polaroid taken with my first large format camera on the second piece of film I put in it. *The first piece was exposed before I stopped down to f/22... oops! The picture is of the enlarger I purchased to use with my 4x5 camera and just today I finished installing it into an old desk--I bought it used without a baseboard. Now that I've exposed my first polaroid I just can't wait to do it again!!! I'm hooked and I haven't even begun yet.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now that the first project is done I just have a few more:

finish light-proofing everything
    build portable vents
    make light box
    construct drying screens
    throw together a print washer
    and whatever else I can think of!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Jeremey,

I'm on the verge of re-building my darkroom as well. I have always had issues coming up with a good solution to light proof the door. What will you be doing for your door? An old school lab I used to use had black panel light traps, which I might look into doing. Here's a quick sketch of that concept...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's exactly the system an old school I went to used and it worked wonderfully. As this is also my bedroom I will have to improvise... send me your email address so that I can reply to it with a scan of a couple of pages from How to Build Your Own Darkroom with ideas for lightproofing the door.

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm pretty sure I'll go with the above solution since my darkroom will be a basic room built under the house. But your welcome to send the scans

sean@apug.org

Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin