Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,866   Posts: 1,583,202   Online: 837

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello from Phoenix

I've been lurking for a while but I'm ready to announce that I exist I still need to find a really good avatar but since I'm an engineer the Dilbert one will have to do for now.

I live in Phoenix, AZ and like it here. I've been into photography for about 7 or 8 years now--ever since my mom bought a Canon Rebel for me in 2000 in preparation for a trip to Rome. Lately I've been shooting with my GS-1 for landscapes and my Contax G2 for miscellaneous moments. I also bought a 4x5 press camera here recently but haven't done any real shooting outside my house with that yet.

Like many of you, it's refreshing to find a group of people into film (I bet you may be tired of hearing that) but it's true. None of my other photography friends are analog, so it makes me somewhat of the oddball....which I do like. Anyway, I look forward to jumping in to some discussions from now on.

Mario

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard, Mario. "Oddballs" make the best conversationalists; they never say what you expect them to say. Join in as soon as you feel the urge, it's a pretty engaging group for discussions. And get that press camera going. I love my Speed Graphic.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome Mario. You're gonna love it here.

I'm a newbie here myself - stumbled across the site at the end of December and even though I make my living, (Call this a life?) I've found lots of great information, learned a lot and, most important it truly is a community, interested in what its members are doing and helping out where they can. I have to say it's very different to another site I tried, and which keeps e-mailing me to say they miss me, where it was all insults and "one upmanship".

Enjoy.
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from an English oddball (and engineer).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from another lurker who also just recently announced herself.

rachelle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from Washington DC! There can never be too many film users out there, so just keep burning emulsion and enjoying it!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the warm reception. You guys are motivating me to get my darkroom up and running again. I decided to temporarily take it down (it's my spare bathroom) when I had a party late last year.

Images
    Welcome. I'm 5 hours north of you.
    Last edited by mark; 01-30-2008 at 10:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Spare bathrooms make good darkrooms, if you can do a little bit of planning. I used to keep my enlarger and my printing accessories on a rolling cart I could wheel in and out of the bathroom as needed, and put it away in the closet when not in use. This worked even when I had only one bathroom and had to print in MY bathroom. It's amazing what kinds of results you can produce in a minimal facility.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from the frigid wasteland, Toronto.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin