Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,732   Online: 1091

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

An Australian in Japan

Hello all.

I've be lurking here occasionally for a while, and just recently added a few comments to the thread about Ilford Photo's change of dealership in Japan, but haven't introduced myself properly yet. So here goes ...

I was born in Melbourne, Australia, but have lived in Japan for a large portion of my life. I remain an Australian citizen, and try to get back to Melbourne to visit family and old friends every year or so.

Photography has been a hobby off and on since I was about 10 years old, which is 40+ years ago. My professional relationship with photography has been more peripheral, in my role as writer and creative director at an advertising firm up until about 12 years ago, and as an independent operator ever since.

I currently shoot digital as well as film. Strangely, as digital technology advances and "improves," I find myself being drawn back to film more and more. My film cameras are currently a Leica M6 with Leica, Zeiss, and Voigtländer lenses, and a Pentax 67 TTL with Pentax lenses. And although I haven't made the leap just yet ... the lure of large format is strong.

So that's it for now.
    Hope I can contribute something useful as time goes on.

Cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from pretty much the other side of the world!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the group, Kent. You're among the little people now.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from another Melburnian, still living in and loving Melbourne. It's great to see another one being drawn back towards film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from NYC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kent... Welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts USA. This is the place to be for all things analog in photogy. And the worse place to be when trying to resist the siren call of LF!!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Kent,
    Dozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu. Welcome from Sydney from another 50-ish Aussie (actually just turned) I spent quite a lot of time in Tokyo in the mid-90s on multiple business trips. I recall in 1995 it was almost 6 months. Got to do a few weekend day trips north and south and really love the country and much of the culture even though I doubt a Westerner could ever fully fathom all the nuances. Would love to go back again eventually sans business commitments and with lots of film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from an American in Japan.
    I think you'll find a lot of the Japanese still love film
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, Kent. Thanks for your contribution to the thread about Ilford. Without your input it would've gone off track, I must admit. But it's good that we've found another fellow like you with the same interest in film photography in the same country.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Kent -- welcome from a Canadian who used to live and work in Japan (Chugoku region mostly). Worked with a lot of Aussies, mostly from Melbourne, although I never made it to the city itself when I was in Australia. Large format is a big temptation for me as well, but so far I'm resisting it. Don't know how long I'll hold out though!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin