Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,315   Online: 1074

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

OMG! Where Have I Been?

Housekeeping: My Name is Jason Provo. I live in the Kansas City area. Missouri side. I used to frequent APUG. I used to frequent photography. I used to actually use those cameras and I used to develop film and use these things called enlargers to print from these things called negatives.

I'm not sure how a person can be so obsessed with one thing and become obsessed with something else entirely.

Such is life.

Anyway, Photography was something I did in High School, then it found me again about 4 or 5 years ago. I took classes to actually learn this time and not just to flirt with the artsy girls. I learned a bunch. Bought a bunch of cool equipment and took and printed some really nice stuff. I did some portraits, some weddings, got burned out and started just doing my own thing again. I also met my fiance in the school darkroom. That was a pleasant surprise. I guess I haven't grown much since high school

Then one day the school I went to for the darkroom decided to cut back their lab hours and get rid of their lab assistants and, well, they decided to suck.. Then the next day I popped the hood on my Jetta and decided to start working on my car and I hooked up with my old VW car club guys and one thing led to another and now I own 3 jettas, a Corrado and now an Audi TT. I have let German Auto's corrupt me.

I have yet to build my own darkroom, however, I have most of the equipment. I just picked up my stainless steel sink the other day, from my dads shop. I had forgotten how cool it was that I had my own SS sink. Made by a friend of mine. Decided to start hanging drywall in the darkroom and sell all of the extra car parts I have in there.:rolleyes:

Just wanted to say hi..... How is the film world doing? Are we still okay? No last gasps no? I want to shoot and develop and print again....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OMG! Where have you been?

Welcome to APUG! The last years have been a rocky ride with film, but we're entering a new age of film photography, reconfigured corporations, renewed interest in film after the digital boom, and still plenty of time to argue about the meaning of art...
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Images
    Artsy chicks are cool.

Welcome.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Greetings from a (former) KC resident!

Are there any pro labs or photo shops in KC?

I saw that a new-ish place had opened up at I29 and Barry that sold 120, which was nice. And Ben's Camera is still open in Riverside if you need obscure used stuff.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    mark - artsy chicks are the best
    Zen - Custom Color, downtown stopped their film business.. At least selling film, developing... They will still print from film, but thats about it. Photographx might be the place your referring to off of I29... They used to be elsewhere, up North, but moved. Good place. IPAS may be going out of business. They were in midtown and a fan favorite. had tons and tons of just good used stuff, the obscure, etc... I'm pretty comfortable getting everything online, if need be. I will miss the in person stuff though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jason... welcome back to APUG, glad to see your renewed interest in photography and good luck with the darkroom. With more people returning to the fold, film will be around for quite a while.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome back. Good to have you in the fold.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from a "cool artsy chick"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    welcome back I used to date cool artsy chicks, but married differently and I'm better for it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome back -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin