Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,276   Online: 1111

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

New Member, long time Lurker

Wow where should I begin? I guess I should start off with a brief background of myself...

20 years old from New Jersey. I was a Graphic Design (yikes) major at a State University here until I took Photo I as an "elective" In under a year I went from thinking photography was "easy" and "silly" to changing my major to a Bachelor in Fine Arts with a concentration in Photography and becoming a Teacher's Assistant in the Photo Department.

I really can't get enough of this stuff and some other users on other forums have told me I have the "bug" and that it will never go away. Sometimes I wish I was born a long time ago so I wouldn't have such limitations in terms of films, papers, and chemistry, but I don't regret getting involved with what some foolishly call a "dying breed"

I mainly shoot 4x5, but I have used everything (that I have access to) from 135 (which I learned on) up through 8x10. Almost all of my work has been done in B&W, but I have recently started shooting sheets of Provia100. Damn you really have to nail those exposures :o

Anyway I finally decided to join when I saw the thread on ADOXMCC111. AGFA MCC became one of my favorite printing papers when a photographer that I print editions for let me have some of his last 11x14 and 16x20 sheets. I was able to find some more through professors who had some unopened boxes left, but never intended to print on it again. It was bittersweet because I believe the paper is wonderful, but I thought I would never see any of it again. Guess I was wrong!

I'm really looking forward to joining this community. I've always lurked the forums here for info. I think it's great that the forum is "associated" with Ilford, ADOX, and other solid companies. I know I am probably on the "young" side here, but hopefully I will be embraced.

Cheers,

Mike Z.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    welcome,20 years old.man those were the days.have fun

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks I'll try.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Like wizened, aged Vampires we drink in the invigorating surge of young, vital blood mwa-ha-ha-haaaaa!!!!

Welcome aboard, from a former fine arts student from the distant, hazy past

Murray
    Last edited by MurrayMinchin; 03-18-2008 at 11:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I started this when I was about 20. I'm now almost 25 with a brand new baby to use as a subject. Welcome from another of the young ones.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I may be old, but I try for youthful.

Welcome from the West Coast of British Columbia, Canada (just a few hundred kilometres south of Murray Minchin).

I think you will enjoy it here.

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez View Post

I really can't get enough of this stuff and some other users on other forums have told me I have the "bug" and that it will never go away.
    If you really got the bug, then I am happy to inform you that there is no cure.

Welcome to APUG

Chuck

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks all for the warm welcome and Chuck that's a great Sexton quote.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from England Mike, enjoy the forum some more.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, welcome from Australia. Glad you decided to join us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin