Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,732   Online: 825

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hello from Newmarket, Ontario

Hello to you all,
    I just joined this group after I lurked around for quite a while.
    What happens is that I came back to my old love for photography after a 10 year break imposed by circumstances of me moving from Romania to Canada.
    Back there and then (80s and early 90s) black and white was the affordable medium so I started slowly stealing knowledge by watching and helping professionals. No internet, no Ansel Adams books, just down to earth plain test and go. It was fun; luckily materials were not that expensive as I was wasting a lot of film and paper. I did weddings, family portraits, nature in 35mm and 6x6 (remember Seagull?). Once arrived and settled in Canada things started to come together: my life, my job, new friends and my old hobby. I discovered APUG, PN and many photog sites that offered access to a tremendous amount of information. I'm very grateful. I managed to ship to Canada most of my BW darkroom equipment so Im getting comfortable with BW once again. I mix the developers myself and develop my films (bulk 35mm and 120 rolls). When comes to the artsy aspect of my work Im not there yet, I still rely on you to learn and fine tune my skills. I love what I see here, who knows one day when I grow up.
    Cheers
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello to you, welcome to the forum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from northern Ontario. Check out the Toronto Regional sub-forum.
    Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from a former Ontario resident -- wish I had known more about the APUG community when I was living in Toronto! This is an amazing site to fine tune your skills on.

Rachelle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Toronto.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

happy commuting

I read on another post that you work in Mississauga. Ain't life in the GTA grand, traffic congestion wise? If you are like me stuck in traffic, then the whole nights goals are planned by the time I get in the door.

Fortunately, for the last 5 years I have lived 6km round trip, no traffic lights between home and the office.

I hope the move to the new country is on the whle worthwhile after you count out the time that is lost sitting in the car.

Glad you still have a fun time with film. For me the challenge is to find the time to do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from southeast Michigan.

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from the west coast of Canada.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read on another post that you work in Mississauga. Ain't life in the GTA grand, traffic congestion wise? If you are like me stuck in traffic, then the whole nights goals are planned by the time I get in the door.

Fortunately, for the last 5 years I have lived 6km round trip, no traffic lights between home and the office.

I hope the move to the new country is on the whle worthwhile after you count out the time that is lost sitting in the car.

Glad you still have a fun time with film. For me the challenge is to find the time to do it.
    Mike, with the comute you hit the nail in the head but there are still few good reasons why I prefer to live here rather than my native country. There is no perfect place anyway; I'm very glad to be here, do what I like and meet you people
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Images
    My wife's mother's family was New Market Based. Only her aunt lives near there now, in Sharon. Beautiful area. Too humid though.

Welcome from the Southwest US.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin