Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,524   Online: 979

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Eugene, from a former Arkie now in Georgia. Never been to Clinton but if it's in north Arkansas it's probably a bit of heaven.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Another warm welcome from England, enjoy the forum.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the welcome, folks. I'm glad to be here and ready to learn from the LF folks in this forum.

Gary, yep, I am in north central Arkansas about 70 mi. north of Little Rock. It's nice up here, very scenic, and all that jazz. It might even approach Heaven, or at least the Garden of Eden, if we can get rid of the dang ticks that are so inclined to feast on me whenever I go out into the wild woods and hills to shoot some poor helpless film.

Eu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Jdude View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, folks. I'm glad to be here and ready to learn from the LF folks in this forum.

Gary, yep, I am in north central Arkansas about 70 mi. north of Little Rock. It's nice up here, very scenic, and all that jazz. It might even approach Heaven, or at least the Garden of Eden, if we can get rid of the dang ticks that are so inclined to feast on me whenever I go out into the wild woods and hills to shoot some poor helpless film.

Eu
    So you are on the other end of the lake from Heber. I might have some distant relates there. My brother lives south of you in Mayflower by Conway.
    BTW that film is sometimes not so helpless. I've been trying to attack train mine, though all I've got so far is an occasional nicked finger.
    How soon can we see some pics posted?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    So you are on the other end of the lake from Heber. I might have some distant relates there. My brother lives south of you in Mayflower by Conway.
    BTW that film is sometimes not so helpless. I've been trying to attack train mine, though all I've got so far is an occasional nicked finger.
    How soon can we see some pics posted?
    Gary, I hope to get out there and burn up some film pretty soon, if the weather ever clears up. It has been cold, rainy, and muddy ever since the tornado tore through town in early Feb. I don't go out doors in any inclement weather except by necessity . . . like going to work or to eat!!

I suspect that Spring shall have sprung around these parts in the next week or two, and then I shall then emerge from my hibernation hole and start taking pictures.

As for posting them, I haven't a clue how to do that - I'm truly a technological Luddite - other than mail 'em to somebody who has the software and equipment to scan them and upload them. Maybe I can get Frank Pinchak or his grandson, Brian Silverstein, to post some pictures for me (I think they are both members of this forum).

The Little Red River begins feeding the west end of Greers Ferry Lake here at Clinton. We are about 40 mi. east of the dam there at Heber Springs.

EuGene

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome from southwest Missouri!
    "while a hundred civilizations have prospered (sometimes for centuries) without computers or windmills or even the wheel, none have survived even a few generations without art." David Bayles & Ted Orland Art & Fear

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome! you can check out, but you'll never leave............
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Am I going color blind?? I would have sworn that dog wasn't black . . . looked sorta teal to me. Is the chambre noir anywhere near the Hot Club? Anyhoo, thanks folks - glad to be here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey fellow Arkansan!! Hope you survived the storms.
    Welcome to APUG. You will LOVE and learn a LOT on this
    forum.

Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Steve:

I came out of the tornado OK, but my beloved old Minolta SRT's were blown away and never found . . . they were in a Pelican case in our community band building that was blown away. SRT's are cheap and easily replaced, but you ought to see what 5 timpanis (about $12,000) look like when they have been tossed and rolled for about 1/4 mile!!

The reason my cameras (and copy stand) were in the band building was because I was going to photograph all our instruments and their serial numbers so we could buy some insurance. Well, we didn't quite make it, and the cameras went away with the instruments, about 400 sets of concert band music, sound equipment, furnishings, repair tools & parts, etc. - - about $50,000 worth of uninsured stuff, not to mention the building, of which nothing remained except the foundation and front steps.

EuGene
    Last edited by B&Jdude; 04-22-2008 at 12:19 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: corrections

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin