Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,064   Online: 908

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello there!

Shooter
    35mm

Hello there!

Hi people!

I'm fairly new to analog photography, but when I started it last year, I immediately fell in love with the more tactile approach and the fact you actually have to think about what you're doing before you take a photo (when you don't want to sob about the shots that are pretty much worthless) so I have become a film aficionado in virtually no time!

Obviously I did some digital photography before and have shot a bunch of rolls on film cameras before those days, but even though I liked it, I never got quite carried away with it. That was until I heard of Holgas, I bought a 120CFN shot a couple of rolls and haven't stopped ever since! (budget permitting that is) I dug up the old Minolta 7000AF we had lying round here and the Polaroid Image, shot with those too and just loved it.

My next steps, hopefully, would probably be to get a proper medium format camera (Hasselblad, Mamiya or something like that - saving up for it) and to set up a bit of a darkroom for myself. Bumped into this forum whilst on the look for info about that last point so I thought to sign up and say hello, and hopefully be able to either contribute or get some of my questions answered

More on me: I'm 23 and live in Belgium and my other main addiction is music, mainly Prog rock, (post) punk and Krautrock. Anything weird and experimental usually can get me going though I really love all sorts of stuff!

Cheers!

Z.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey there Mr.Z.
    Weird and experimental you will definitely find here and as much as tactile as any Internet forum can get.
    Do share your photos with us, your choice of cameras and of course your avatar, is at the least intriguing.
    And yes, forcing you to be in the moment of the photograph and not being able to delete your capture,
    is what truly separates film from digital.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Z! Sounds like you are on the right track!! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Shooter
    35mm
    Why thank you! My avatar is Peter Gabriel when still in Genesis performing Apocalypse in 9/8 from Supper's Ready from Foxtrot (sorry to go all prog-geeky there), way before I was born ;-) But I was lucky to see one of the Musical Box's (an excellent PG era Genesis cover band) last shows near here in Brussels, was extremely impressed, especially by that bit!

Most of my analog work can be seen on my Flickr page, though the ones I'm really happy with only start at the bottom half of the page.

Here are some I am really quite pleased with: one, two, three

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from the Canadian prairies!
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Z, welcome from across the North Sea. The Musical Box are excellent, not so much a tribute band, as a reincarnation!
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from Washington DC!

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome from Atlantic Canada!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome from Eirn's Green Isle.
    Cheers
    TEX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Z,
    Best of luck on your analog adventure, you will get support here.
    JON.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin