Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,181   Online: 667

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from NZ

Hi everybody - I'm Wayne, from the West Coast of New Zealand's South Island.

I've been hooked on photography most of my adult life (I first used a camera in my late teens, and am now 35), and have been fortunate enough to turn my hobby into my profession, and back again!

I am currently an art gallery director for a small community gallery, as well as doing some freelance shooting on the side. My big project at the moment is producing a CD of 100 images for a local business development group. In the evening's I teach Black & White developing and printing to adult educational classes, as well as the ocassional basic 35mm course.

Prior to this I worked as an art director/fashion photographer for NZ's major family clothing retailer (PostiePlus) - and before that, I lectured at University in Art Theory and wrote art criticism for a national paper.

I live with my wife (Joanna), and my two kids - Emily (3) and Joshua (2) who keep me very busy, very tired, and very happy.

I am currently working towards an exhibition with alternative photographic processes (Vandykes and Cyanotypes), which I am very excited about. This is my first foray into these processes, and I am very inspired by the creative potential this has given my image making.

Well, that's me. It reads a bit too much like a resume - sorry, but it's a general overview of my background, so that if (and when) I ever stick my 2 cents worth in, you might at least assume I know what I'm talking about (even if I don't)?

Catch you all later

Wayne Lorimer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome. We hope you enjoy this site.
    juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Wayne,
    Welcome aboard. I have found this to be a group of good people. I am sure that you will find the same.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Wayne, welcome! Sean the founder of this site is also in NZ, get in touch with him and get his butt off the computer and make him go out and take pics...

(There Sean, now you have no excuse..)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome!!! ... From Puritanville (Ipswich, MA), U.S.A.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    LOL!

I've emailed Wayne a few times and will definitely look him up next time I'm in the S Island. Welcome aboard Wayne!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Hi Wayne, welcome! Sean the founder of this site is also in NZ, get in touch with him and get his butt off the computer and make him go out and take pics...

(There Sean, now you have no excuse..)

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome, from far away!

Jorge O

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hello Wayne, From California. Since the polarity of water rotates opposite ours on this side of the axis do the leafs inside your lenses rotate opposite ours also? Good luck look forward to seeing your images.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Thanks to everyone who has said "Hi".

More than a passion or a profession, photograhy has also been a way of meeting and making great new friends - and I know I'll make a few through APUG.

Thanks for having me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin