Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,845   Posts: 1,582,697   Online: 1042

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Greetings from Puget Sound

I've just subscribed to APUG, so now I feel I should introduce myself. Like many the kids are off to college, career has gone well (could be better) and I now have the time and money to pursue my interests in Photography. A few years ago I purchased a Nikon DSLR, and a Shen-Hao 4x5 field camera. I've been taking many pictures without a lot of "printing".

I am building a Darkroom with 20x24 print making ability, large sink, with all the comforts including heat, AC, good lighting, temperature control for processing, B/W at first then work with some color.

I had been printing at a co-op/club darkroom of a very large airplane company in my area. This was a good deal, lots of space, good equipment, but at 60 miles from my home, not too convenient.

The large room I am building will not only house a Darkroom, but a space for digital printing, PC, dry mount press and post process (spotting etc)...and of course the exercise machine that I promise the wife I would finally start using.

Topics I intend to discuss (at later dates)
    1. Why no Puget Sound or Seattle Area user group, or even Washington?
    2. I have used Google and Yahoo "groups" in the past. I would also like to see a users groups for Wing-Lynch, JOBO processors. Or is this what “search” is for?
    3. A group for sharing "curves" with the Sekonic programmable light meters (I have the L-785DR).

All for now, also searching for a catchy sign off...how about. "Belly up to the sink and get printing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome. I was just in your area last week. Nice place.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, where in the Sound are you?

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robland View Post

I had been printing at a co-op/club darkroom of a very large airplane company in my area.

I would also like to see a users groups for Wing-Lynch, JOBO processors.
    Hmmm, a very large airplane company in the Puget Sound area, I wonder who that could be?
    Robland, welcome to APUG. A few years back I almost moved to the Kitsap County area, along with the rest of the California migration, but decided to hang out down here, maybe it was the banana slugs.
    Anyway, will you have a Wing-Lynch in your darkroom?

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, from the other side of the country. I visit my son near Puget Sound whenever I can. Nice part of the world.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robland - welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Large Format
    Greetings from the middle of Puget Sound (Vashon Island).
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Robland View Post
    I've just subscribed to APUG, so now I feel I should introduce myself. Like many the kids are off to college, career has gone well (could be better) and I now have the time and money to pursue my interests in Photography. A few years ago I purchased a Nikon DSLR, and a Shen-Hao 4x5 field camera. I've been taking many pictures without a lot of "printing".

I am building a Darkroom with 20x24 print making ability, large sink, with all the comforts including heat, AC, good lighting, temperature control for processing, B/W at first then work with some color.

I had been printing at a co-op/club darkroom of a very large airplane company in my area. This was a good deal, lots of space, good equipment, but at 60 miles from my home, not too convenient.

The large room I am building will not only house a Darkroom, but a space for digital printing, PC, dry mount press and post process (spotting etc)...and of course the exercise machine that I promise the wife I would finally start using.

Topics I intend to discuss (at later dates)
    1. Why no Puget Sound or Seattle Area user group, or even Washington?
    2. I have used Google and Yahoo "groups" in the past. I would also like to see a users groups for Wing-Lynch, JOBO processors. Or is this what “search” is for?
    3. A group for sharing "curves" with the Sekonic programmable light meters (I have the L-785DR).

All for now, also searching for a catchy sign off...how about. "Belly up to the sink and get printing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard!

Your post just had me googling Puget Sound (which I had heard of, but had no idea where it was)... I didn't realise Seattle is so beautifully situated

Have fun, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, from just up the road, near Vancouver, BC.

Matt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin