Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,778   Online: 823

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi there!

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole

Hi there!

Hi there!
    I'm stunned with both quality and quantity. I've never seen so cheerfull and "pro" community.

I'm nomadic both in place to live and way to express - mostly in alternative photographic processes (not so often last time ), but also painting, coding, blogging a little and performing various DIY activities.
    Greetings from Gdansk (settlement in the middle of metling iceberg in the north of Poland).
    Please be welcome to my weblog (99% in Polish):
    http://pieknedni.blogspot.com/

Just thanks you are here folks!
    :*

Luke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I can't read the blog, but the light and color in your pictures is very beautiful! Welcome!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome Luke.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Your "Family Walk" - I admire the photo. Subtle, gentle, both reminds me my childhood and scares a little.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey there Luke.
    Coming just from the beach, I can hardly imaging someone living on an iceberg.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard, Luke. I hope to make it to Gdansk someday as part of my "visit where you ancestors lived" trip. I had a Dutch/Englishman leave Gdansk for the colonies sometime in the mid 1600's. I can't read the blog either, but I agree with Suzanne - nice light.

Whitey

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Oh, Arigram - I will be moving this summer to some more habitable place. There is lot to do there (plumbing, painting, finding cheap ISP and maybe work), but hopefully living will be easier than here.
    BTW - what is zeybek?

Cheers,
    Luke

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thanks Whitey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Luke,

Welcome to the APUG community. I think you'll find all the folks here very helpful and friendly. Good luck with where ever the light leads you!
    Regards,
    Alan Huntley
    www.silverscapephoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by q_x View Post
    BTW - what is zeybek?
    Zeybek was a subculture in the Ottoman empire, whose dances were adopted and modified by both Greeks and Turks. One of their warrior dance, was the influence for a solo dance by Greek people of the working class and the underground in port cities, Istanbul and Izmir and after the end of the greco-turkish war and the exchange of civilizations, in Athens mostly but also in Salonica and other cities. It is tied to the music and subculture of "rembetika" and is a solo, improvisation dance, of mascullinity and mostly sorrow, often slow and heavy. It used only be to dance by one man alone, often resulting to a fight if another stepped in the space before the dancer was done. The dancer used to own the stage, yet danced for himself and never for others. The only exception is the variation by two dancers, which is also choreographed. It was and still is the prefered dancing expression of workers, criminals, soldiers and people down in their luck.
    Unfortunately nowadays it has been corrputed to a common dance, done by anybody, usually in a cheerful way with lots of movement and jumping, by people who don't feel it at all and women in high heels.
    As much as I like women, in high heels even, as much as I push equality for all human beings, this is one dance, that the bourgeoises and women need to prove their are worth doing it. Its not a dance to be taken lightly.
    Including myself.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin