Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,871   Online: 1086

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the site from a slightly younger fart. I symphatise with your story, and hope with Pinholemaster that it will influence your photographic vision and expression.
    S°ren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome Terry. You will find that people are very ready and willing to answer questions and help here on Apug.
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Terry, and a warm welcome from Norway.

Claes

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another, another old fart here. Sorry to hear about all the tragedy that you have experienced. Keep your head up and enjoy APUG..a great forum to visit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome from Ireland
    www.fpworkshops.com
    Film Photography Workshops - Ireland

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Terry. Ask any questions you want to. As Whitey said, this is a pretty amazing place.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Images
    Terry, I'm certainly sorry to hear of your misfortunes.
    You'll find that Photography has changed monumentally since your accident.
    Film based photography is essentially a dying art, now almost exclusively practiced only by those of us who spent years of our lives learning (and sometimes perfecting) the technical aspect of the process.
    Film is OUT -- Digital is IN, which in your case it may be a particularly good thing, because (like Polaroid of old) everything is instantaneous, and thus your short-term memory will be much less of a problem.
    I will probably get fried for saying this, but I would suggest that you go with the flow and take up digital photography and forget about (sorry about the pun) conventional photography as you once knew it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I admire your initiative, I only hope that I would have such resolve in similar circumstances.

Even without injury I try to write myself process notes to define my best practices. Someday it would be handy to put them in a pocketable book.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Ana´s Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the welcomes and kind words!! I hope that getting back into photography helps me get exercise walking and helps me to reduce the strong depression I have to deal with since then. I have a Friend in New Zealand that has had 2 strokes and can't use his Minolta SRT-100 camera and is sending to me!! I have a Minolta XG-1 that needs a repair of the film advance? And a new lens now my 14 year old son trashed it Big Time!! And where is the best place to buy film now and what is a good film to buy? My wife and I are both on SS disability and that money don't go far after a 725 mortage payment and all the other bills and food are done!! I wonder IF there's a person or persons that live about 70 miles from me that could be a friend to talk about cameras and maybe help me fix the XG-1??? Oh another problem I have now is Long posts and replies!! And spelling and construction of sentences and what not of the English/American!!
    Terry
    I'm brain damaged,what's your excuse?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Hello and welcome from Ireland
    I hope to visit Ireland some day and see IF I have any relatives there in any of the counties? My last name is Houlihan!!
    Terry
    I'm brain damaged,what's your excuse?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin