Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,268   Posts: 1,534,356   Online: 861

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Again View Post
    Oh another problem I have now is Long posts and replies!! And spelling and construction of sentences and what not of the English/American!!
    They seem fine to me. Welcome from another GHOF getting back into film.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell View Post
    Terry, I'm certainly sorry to hear of your misfortunes.
    You'll find that Photography has changed monumentally since your accident.
    Film based photography is essentially a dying art, now almost exclusively practiced only by those of us who spent years of our lives learning (and sometimes perfecting) the technical aspect of the process.
    Film is OUT -- Digital is IN, which in your case it may be a particularly good thing, because (like Polaroid of old) everything is instantaneous, and thus your short-term memory will be much less of a problem.
    I will probably get fried for saying this, but I would suggest that you go with the flow and take up digital photography and forget about (sorry about the pun) conventional photography as you once knew it.
    Hi Bill I have a Sony digi camera and 2 things about I don't like or get used to is The view finder is a large LCD? I keep putting it up to my eye like a SLR and holding out like it's supposed to be used I have a hard time trying to compose the photo! And try to set it to manual control and try to use it that way is a PITA!! I'd like to try to relearn using it so when I get the Minolta from New Zealand Friend I won't waste film and cost of it and developing cost!! I never learned the darkroom skills. And now can't afford to start a darkroom for color or B&W? I have to check on prices of used equipment and Chemicals. I have a friend that lives with us and she has the experience in the darkroom I need to learn. Maybe this site might do a For Sale Forum?
    Terry
    I'm brain damaged,what's your excuse?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Terry - welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts. Don't be afraid to ask even the simplest of questions. We all started out as beginners.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Terry , Your son can help you.
    You need cheapest plastic camera.
    You dont need repair your old camera.
    I think with 15 dollars , you can shoot and order prints.
    There are plastic cameras ready , film loaded and with flash.
    Let your son search and buy fot you.
    Say him to read this post.
    Best ,
    Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome Terry....
    Good luck in your photographic pursuit! Here's a fun project for you and your son... build a folded paper pinhole camera! the cost of the camera is free (use an old cereal box!) and it takes 35mm film... you can't get much cheaper than that!

here's a link with the plans:
    http://idea.uwosh.edu/nick/populist.pdf
    Tom Persinger
    www.f295.org

The F295 Historic Process Workbook is now available on Amazon:
    The F295 Historic Process Workbook: 4 Processes, 6 Techniques, 14 Lessons

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow, makes my maxillofacial reconstruction look like a cake walk, huh.

Welcome, Terry. GLad you're here with us. (And (wink) none of us is really OK).
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Terry Again, the more the merrier. Welcome to APUG.
    - Terry (Iwagoshi) -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Terry, I started to tear when I read your post, I have a child and can't imagine the pain you must feel, I had an accident that left me with back surgery that makes it nearly impossible to hold heavy objects and walk very far with them. I would bet that a lot of people here and out there have some kind of disability that makes it hard to function in some way, either physical or mental. And learning never ends, we are all beginners when we start a new process. Delight in discovery, enjoy the process and know that it's not a quick journey, it takes time. Good luck,

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A thousand welcomes Terry - I'm a Grey haired old Fartess and returned to "real" photography after an absence of 30 years so had a big re-learning curve to master. Don't worry about asking questions on the forums - I've asked every "stupid" question you can imagine over the last couple of years and have never been patronised or treated with anything but good humour and courtesy by other APUGGers, so ask away! Hope you're able to pursue the film/chemicals/paper type of image-making as it is so satisfying but any kind of creativity is food for the soul.
    Patricia

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Welcome Terry - from yet another old fart! (I lost count).

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin