Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,854   Online: 907

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Old fart relearning Photography

Hi All,
    I used to shoot 35mm a lot in the past. Never great at it but I had fun!! Then for some reason I stopped? And 9 years ago My family and I were Christmas shopping and had a car accident where my 7 year old son was killed and 5 year old twin brother and sister were in a coma for a couple of weeks and I had a broken neck in 3 places and a really broken skull and my brains were coming out of the cracks. A life flight later I had a total of 3 brain surgeries and had almost the right side of my brain either removed or lost the use of! And was in a coma for 40 days. I'm sort of OK now? little to no short term memory and that makes it hard to learn things!! I'm here to try!! I hope you all don't get too sick of my simple questions? About all this photography.
    I only say all this not for any Pitty but for understanding of my questions here!!
    Thanks for the site and info,
    Terry
    I'm brain damaged,what's your excuse?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh my goodness... I hope you find your inspiration in photography, and ask away. Welcome to APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Terry
    Thats quite a story, I hope its something you can put behind you and look to the future.

You'll find that this is a site with a great membership which openly assist in the most basic of questions, often repeatedly.

Hope APUG gives you what you need

Phill
    Norwich, UK
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A very warm welcome Terry, from another old fart.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello Terry,

From one 'Old Fart' to another; I'm probable an older fart than you. I restarted photography after a long lapse about 5 years ago then found this site and have learned a lot from this gang. There are no stupid questions.

So welcome and well met.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great to hear from you Terry. Keep it simple. Tri-X and off you go...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The world can only learn from the way you see. Go out and make pictures.

What you have been through, which is simply horrible with my sincerest condolences, will shape your voice as it appears in your photographs.

Don't worry about the technical. Mastering the technical takes a life time.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Welcome Terry, I'm an old fart too, been at it for years and still learning.

Paul
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome.

Please ask whatever you like regardless of how simple it may seem. We have all asked simple questions at some stage.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of the most amazing things about APUG for me has been the lack of scorn shown even my most determined display of ignorance. This is a pretty supportive place. Welcome aboard, from another old fart and brain surgery survivor.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin